Anybody think David Wright is primed for a big second half? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Anybody think David Wright is primed for a big second half?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anybody think David Wright is primed for a big second half?

Postby Doughhead » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:37 pm

I wouldn't say he's been disappointing, but I'd love to see him hit a few more homers and steal a few more bases...anybody think that that is likely to happen in the second half?
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 4368
Joined: 6 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jblank » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:51 pm

He is my 3B on my top fantasy league team and he makes me wanna pull my hair out. One game he will look fantastic, getting solid contact on whatever is thrown, then the next game he will K two or three times and look totally lost. Honestly, even though he is hitting .290 with 11 HR's, I have to admit I was hoping for more, maybe even expecting more. The kid has talent, but he has got to cut the strikeouts down, especially with men on base.

He and Miguel Cabrera both are hurting my production with all the K's with men on base.
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 794
Joined: 7 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bristol, Tennessee

Postby Doughhead » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:54 pm

jblank wrote:he makes me wanna pull my hair out. One game he will look fantastic, getting solid contact on whatever is thrown, then the next game he will K two or three times and look totally lost.


I agree...I keep thinking he's getting on a roll and then he goes 0/4 two straight games. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that he keeps getting moved around the order, particularly to stupid spots. IMO he should be hitting second or fifth (or sixth at least). The fact that he is hitting seventh (especially in that lineup) is a joke.
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 4368
Joined: 6 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dyuen87 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:57 pm

david wright will have a productive second half but probably not much better than his decent first half. he's basically a rookie with a few extra months of experience. you can expect rookie mistakes at the plate but if it's keeper, look forward to a great year next year.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2514
Joined: 26 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jblank » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:01 pm

Doughhead wrote:
jblank wrote:he makes me wanna pull my hair out. One game he will look fantastic, getting solid contact on whatever is thrown, then the next game he will K two or three times and look totally lost.


I agree...I keep thinking he's getting on a roll and then he goes 0/4 two straight games. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that he keeps getting moved around the order, particularly to stupid spots. IMO he should be hitting second or fifth (or sixth at least). The fact that he is hitting seventh (especially in that lineup) is a joke.


Yeah, I like him hitting second as well, but in my mind, he is best suited to be hitting 5th or 6th.
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 794
Joined: 7 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bristol, Tennessee

Postby vandy » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:01 pm

I'd like to see Willie show a little more confidence in him and move him up in the order.

I don't know about a huge 2nd half but we could see a spike in his production.

Thats not to say im unhappy with what he has done so far.
vandy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 11
Joined: 7 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jblank » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:04 pm

vandy wrote:I'd like to see Willie show a little more confidence in him and move him up in the order.

I don't know about a huge 2nd half but we could see a spike in his production.

Thats not to say im unhappy with what he has done so far.


I agree, I wish Randolph would show more confidence in him also, but with all the strikeouts with men on base, I can actually see why he is so apprehensive to put him the 5 hole on a permanent basis.
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 794
Joined: 7 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bristol, Tennessee

Postby lbbaseball14 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:36 pm

He and Miguel Cabrera both are hurting my production with all the K's with men on base.


HEY! Leave Miggy out of this :-)
Image
*Thanks to Super Manny*
lbbaseball14
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1116
Joined: 4 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby zhutou » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:44 pm

jblank wrote:He and Miguel Cabrera both are hurting my production with all the K's with men on base.


how dare you insult miguel. down with jblank. :-t
zhutou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1479
Joined: 24 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BuckeyeSal » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:50 pm

He seems to have been caught stealing some this first half too. If he gets his base stealing down a little more and gets an extra 4-5 steals for the second half to get to 18-20 and hits 25 HR's for the year, I think it will have been a success for me to have had him as a 10th Rd draft pick. 7th in the order is a joke though.
BuckeyeSal
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 176
Joined: 25 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: neuronss, unioreimi and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Aug. 23
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi White Sox at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
Tampa Bay at Toronto
(1:07 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(1:10 pm)
Seattle at Boston
(1:35 pm)
Baltimore at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
San Francisco at Washington
(4:05 pm)
Houston at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
St. Louis at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
Pittsburgh at Milwaukee
(7:10 pm)
Atlanta at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
San Diego at Arizona
(8:10 pm)
Miami at Colorado
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Kansas City at Texas
(8:25 pm)
LA Angels at Oakland
(9:05 pm)
NY Mets at LA Dodgers
(9:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact