the best two prospects.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

the best two prospects..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby garf112 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:26 pm

I totally agree. But that is the ceiling that is put on premium athletes like Young and J. Upton. Most prospects never reach that ceiling. They are guys that you can dream on. I was just making a statement about UPSIDE. I in no way insinuated that Upton was the better prospect.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby killa3312 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:34 pm

garf112 wrote:I totally agree. But that is the ceiling that is put on premium athletes like Young and J. Upton. Most prospects never reach that ceiling. They are guys that you can dream on. I was just making a statement about UPSIDE. I in no way insinuated that Upton was the better prospect.

I understood what you were saying, don't worry. The thing most people overlook about Young is that he is a good defensive player, especially now that he's lost 20 pounds and increased his speed and range in RF. I like Upton a lot, I just want to see him perform before we put him on a level with Hernandez and Young.
killa3312
College Coach
College Coach

Postby HAC Wolves » Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:58 pm

Youngs bat is being compared to MAnny Ramirez and some say that he is the best hitter in the DEvil RAys system(A-MLB) right now.

Felix is the best pitching prospect in the world and as long as the Ms are able to not screw up his arm like they have to every other prospect in their system he will be an Ace for what could be 2 deceades to come.
Mariners for life

http://img87.echo.cx/img87/1927/paintballsig3xr.jpg

www.mccoypaintball.com
HAC Wolves
College Coach
College Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby killa3312 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:19 pm

HAC Wolves wrote:Youngs bat is being compared to MAnny Ramirez and some say that he is the best hitter in the DEvil RAys system(A-MLB) right now.

Felix is the best pitching prospect in the world and as long as the Ms are able to not screw up his arm like they have to every other prospect in their system he will be an Ace for what could be 2 deceades to come.

Manny Ramirez with the bat is a good comparison, but he has good speed, a very strong arm in right, and is a good overall defender, something Ramirez is not.
killa3312
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:49 pm

Is there an ETA on these guys, and what value do they have in keeper terms, if able to be swiped up this year? 10-12 teamers? 5 keepers? 7? 10? More?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby garf112 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:59 pm

Delmon ETA September '05/Spring '06
King Felix ETA August/September '05
Justin Upton ETA some say September '06/ I think '07 is optimistic and '08 realistic

Depends on how keen your league is on prospects. I would think you would be able to pick Delmon somewhere in the first 5 rounds of your draft next year. Felix could come up this year and begin his reign. In which case, he becomes a keeper at years end. If not, he could probably be had somewhere in those same rounds.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball