Melky Cabrera called up to play CF for Yankees! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

Melky Cabrera called up to play CF for Yankees!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby blankman » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:05 am

Hughes is the one guy I don't know much anything about? Anyone want to give me an overview?

And a list of sites where I can look at the Yankees farm system and read scouting reports?
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WharfRat » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:45 am

Minor League Skilz wrote:All this talk of youth is almost too good to be true. For years now people have been bashing the Yankee's farm system and management for trading away talent.

I am like the promise of these young guys. I was at the game tonight and Melky got his fist "big" hit. The crowd was lovin it. I am convinced Cano and Wang are the real deal and if two of the three prospects (Melky, Duncan , or Hughes) mature into everyday players all of a sudden the Yanks have a solid nucleus of young players to buikd around.

Imagine how much they could pay someone when three or four everyday players are making the minimum. ;-)

I agree completely. In a lot of ways, it seems like the Yankees are finally operating like a "real" baseball team, bringing up players produced by the farm system instead of buying/trading for their talent. So not only are they heading in the right direction, which is a relief, but we're going to get to see guys grow and mature, which we really haven't gotten to see since Soriano, who was an exception anyway since he's ARod's age, or Posada before that.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to New York Yankees