Standing ovations for Freddy Garcia! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Standing ovations for Freddy Garcia!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Standing ovations for Freddy Garcia!

Postby Super GM » Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:48 pm

Yeah, finally a decent outing by Mr. Garcia. Complete game giving up one run on six hits while striking out seven. Not bad! Let's just hope he keeps it up!
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:55 pm

It's kinda easy to pitch when you come out to pitch the 2nd inning and you are already up 8-0. He did a good job, but I'm not going to overreact just yet.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby CRedsFan » Sun Jun 08, 2003 3:54 pm

I'm not overreacting by any means, but I am encouraged by this, one more quality start and I'll be ready to pull him off my bench
CRedsFan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby eftda » Sun Jun 08, 2003 4:11 pm

I wqas waiting for this type of start.

when he comes back to his 2001 form then the M's will win the west, or wild card (cant count the A's out) ;-7
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SFGIANTS » Sun Jun 08, 2003 6:09 pm

Does anyone know what he was struggling with. If it was an issue that he corrected - great - but what is the underlying cause of his crappy start this year?
SFGIANTS
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby rufus102 » Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:52 pm

you're familiar with the Mets, right? :-B

Freddy will return to his usual, once he gets back to pitching against his buddies in the AL West. ;-D
rufus102
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:54 am

Freddy G is a lucky bastard to be pitching for a team that hits like the M's. If he was with an average offensive team, he's just another pitcher instead of an over-hyped one year wonder.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:13 pm

LMAO AT M's FANS, BUNCH OF HOMERS THINK EVERY GAME IS GAME 7 OF THE SERIES, THEY'RE AS NAD AS RED SOX & METS FANS. SO FAT FREDDY FINALLY PITCHED A DECENT GAME, I'LL GRANT U THAT -- BUT IT WAS AGAINST THE METS FOR CHRISSAKES!! THEY GET BACK TO THE AL WEST TEAMS, THEY'LL REVERT TO THEIR TRUE COLORS,WHICH IS 2ND-3RD PLACE. BWHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby CRedsFan » Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:27 pm

The Mariners have been known to be a really good regular season team the last few years. They are 42-19, they must have faced a few AL West teams in there...... I'm not a fan of the M's, but wasn't this just a topic to be happy about Freddy's complete game for his owners? Not a Mariners bashing, sorry about that, I just had to say something
CRedsFan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby CRedsFan » Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:29 pm

The Mariners have been known to be a really good regular season team the last few years. They are 42-19, they must have faced a few AL West teams in there...... I'm not a fan of the M's, but wasn't this just a topic to be happy about Freddy's complete game for his owners? Not a Mariners bashing, sorry about that, I just had to say something
CRedsFan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers