Hardest Throwers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hardest Throwers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby 9er Fan » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:58 pm

I'm almost certain Harden led the major leagues last year in pitches over 100 MPH.
9er Fan
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby cordscords » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:02 pm

pmacxx2 wrote:Bobby Jenks was consistently touching 99 last night in his major league debut for the White Sox. Earlier in his Anaheim minor league career he reportedly touched 103. I know earlier this year he was clocked at 101 at Birmingham. Funny thing is that his fastball is not even his best rated pitch. Jenks throw a 86 mph spike/12-6 curveball that is unhittable. Like most flamethrowers location has always been an issue for Jenks. After last night's performance though, he's all the rage for Sox fans right now.

I saw this thread an was going to bring up his name. Guy has sick stuff.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ocmusicjunkie » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:49 pm

Harden was the AL leader in pitches 95mph+ last season... I actually heard this on an A's broadcast this season. I don't know at all where you'd find that stat or "average" speed stats online.

Really, nobody is even in Wagners league for velocity. Look at all the "Gagne/Turnbow/whoever has hit 100 before" posts here... then think about the fact Wagner does it almost EVERY game.

As starters go, I'd say AJ and Harden are #1a and 1b.
Help please:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1086524#1086524

Harden- 2.15 ERA, 7.61 K/9
Peavy - 2.89 ERA, 10.10 K/9

[b]Lets go Rich![/b]
ocmusicjunkie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Strasil42 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:13 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:Anyone remember the at bat where Randy Johnson quick pitched Brady Clark for taking too much time to get into the box @ Milwaukee like a month ago? His next 3 pitches were 100, 101, 100.

A month ago meaning 2005???

I never have seen randy throw above 97 this year. Are you sure about this??
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kingctb27 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:44 pm

I'm pretty sure that AJ throws the hardest for SP's. I remember a thread a while back where it claimed he hit 104 on the gun. Now, that was probably a "bit" of a reach but either way, the guy can throw a FB with the best of them. ;-D
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby ARN » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:46 pm

ocmusicjunkie wrote:Really, nobody is even in Wagners league for velocity. Look at all the "Gagne/Turnbow/whoever has hit 100 before" posts here... then think about the fact Wagner does it almost EVERY game.

Turnbow averages 97 and for all the "he has hit 100" talk ive heard, he hasnt done it when i was at the game
ARN
College Coach
College Coach

Postby EnFuego » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:00 pm

ARN wrote:
ocmusicjunkie wrote:Really, nobody is even in Wagners league for velocity. Look at all the "Gagne/Turnbow/whoever has hit 100 before" posts here... then think about the fact Wagner does it almost EVERY game.

Turnbow averages 97 and for all the "he has hit 100" talk ive heard, he hasnt done it when i was at the game

Yup, Turnbow throws HARD.
EnFuego
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:56 am

Benitez used to throw gas, and should again when he gets back. 98, 99 and the like were not uncommon. Neither were a lot of nervous fans and Shea. :-b
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby CPHFighter1 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:40 am

pmacxx2 wrote:Bobby Jenks was consistently touching 99 last night in his major league debut for the White Sox. Earlier in his Anaheim minor league career he reportedly touched 103. I know earlier this year he was clocked at 101 at Birmingham. Funny thing is that his fastball is not even his best rated pitch. Jenks throw a 86 mph spike/12-6 curveball that is unhittable. Like most flamethrowers location has always been an issue for Jenks. After last night's performance though, he's all the rage for Sox fans right now.

I don't understand why the Angels waived this guy. They don't have pitching coaches to straighten out his control issues? I guess this is a topic for another thread, but Jenks stuff is sick.
CPHFighter1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Sign of Eth » Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:15 am

CPHFighter1 wrote:I don't understand why the Angels waived this guy. They don't have pitching coaches to straighten out his control issues? I guess this is a topic for another thread, but Jenks stuff is sick.
Reports I read a couple years ago were that he was as emotionally stable as John Rocker. I figure that probably had something to do with it.
Sign of Eth
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers