Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tmoney » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:17 pm

And Pods got the last AL spot. ;-D
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby blankman » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:22 pm

I guess when you go on a full out campaign like Pods and the White Sox did, it's hard not to win.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby .38 Special » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:31 pm

no offense....but I'm guessing it wasn't as much as White Sox fans, as it was Yankee Haters.....I think I voted for Pods over a hundred times last night when I heard Jeter had a slight lead.
.38 Special
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:32 pm

blankman wrote:I guess when you go on a full out campaign like Pods and the White Sox did, it's hard not to win.

nothing wrong with that imo...... the sox felt he should have been there and gave him some "air time" to try and get him in..... sorta of like when colleges buy ad space in the paper promoting their Heisman hopeful in August for the upcoming year.......
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tmoney » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:34 pm

blankman wrote:I guess when you go on a full out campaign like Pods and the White Sox did, it's hard not to win.

Dont be bitter because Jeter or Matsui didnt get in, be happy with the 3 All-Stars that you have. The White Sox made a big push to get Pods in because we are not as successful all the time as the Yankees are, and the fans are trying to have as much fun with the success this year as they can.
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Strasil42 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:34 pm

Good to see the Wizard get in.

He deserves it. ;-D ;-D

It would have been nice to see jeter make it though. He did have more runs than anyone else in the al.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby warrick95 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:43 pm

I thought Jeter deserved it more than Pods. He's the heart of the Yankees and has been statistically sound, too. Pods isn't bad though, as he is on the best team in the standings. I voted for Jeter and Oswalt a lot and then chipped in a couple of votes for CC. I didn't think he deserved it or anything but just wanted to give him a couple.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Irish » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:45 pm

warrick95 wrote:I thought Jeter deserved it more than Pods. He's the heart of the Yankees and has been statistically sound, too. Pods isn't bad though, as he is on the best team in the standings. I voted for Jeter and Oswalt a lot and then chipped in a couple of votes for CC. I didn't think he deserved it or anything but just wanted to give him a couple.

Being the heart or the Yankee Captain is the only real reasons I'm hearing for Jeter getting the nod.

The Yankees are mediocre, the White Sox are in first, and there is a reason other then the great pitching.

Congrats Pods ;-D
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby go_jays_go » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:46 pm

Glad to see Oswalt in.

I think I voted for him atleast 50 times. It's just good to see a player of his talent making this game, because he has been such a key player for the Astros. I think his complete game also helped his cause. :-D
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers