Foulke out 4-6 weeks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Foulke out 4-6 weeks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby quitesanemax » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:41 pm

Jobu wrote:
Chicago RedSox wrote:Embree got the save last night, but I'm praying Terry keeps him out of that role from now on. Maybe he's just trying to pad is stats for trade bait....

Timlin had appeared in 4 straight games. Embree and his 8.00 ERA won't be getting very many save ops.

Don't look now, but his ERA is 6 over the last week!! Wow!! I cringed when they put him in last night. I was pretty convinced that Embree was going to give up 2 walks, then a grand slam... I thought they would have been better off leaving Clement in there. He got two outs in 6 pitches, then a fluke base hit on the next pitch. Why not give him one more chance to get the last out?!

(Can anyone tell that I have Clement on my team, and was looking for the CG?)
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby quitesanemax » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:32 pm

Roto, I had time to read your comments on Schilling. I will try to read the rest on the train ride home.

Anyway, as far as Schilling goes, are you considering that Schilling asked to start out in the bullpen a few weeks ago? Also, this is not a permanent role for Schilling... just until they feel he is ready to start. Maybe the fact of the matter is that he is having trouble handling 5 innings at a time. Maybe he is feeling more comfortable with 1 inning at a time every few days. I don't think that just anyone can do the job of closer. I certainly don't believe that Alan Embree would be good for the job. I agree that Timlin would do okay, although I believe he is overrated, and has been lucky to come out with no runs scored against him a few times this year.

We'll see how it works out, and how long it takes him to get into the starting rotation. But I think there is a behind the scenes reason why they are doing this.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates