Post Office - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Post Office

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Post Office

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:43 am

I was at the post office yesterday to buy some stamps. As always I had to wait in line. When it was finally my turn I asked for some stamps and the woman said that they were sold out. I laughed but she said that she was serious. My response was "but you're the post office...."

They were sold out of stamps and wouldn't have any until next week. I asked why they were even open and she said that they were accepting letters. I said "so you're like a mailbox? Maybe you could put a mailbox out front with a sign saying that you are sold out of stamps, come back next week. Then you could close up and save the taxpayers some money." Actually I just thought that, I didn't say it out loud.

The post office sucks.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:51 am

I never get stamps at the post office anymore. The local grocery store sells them, so I don't have to wait in line and they are open later than 5 p.m.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 382)

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:59 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:I never get stamps at the post office anymore. The local grocery store sells them, so I don't have to wait in line and they are open later than 5 p.m.

i work at a grocery store, and we sell stamps as well... but alot of people must agree with ya pogo, because we sell about 200 books of stamps a week and the thing is there is a post office about 1/2 mile down the road........

do you want me to send you some mookie???? ;-7 :-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:03 am

The store hours are the main thing. By the time I get off work the Post Office is closed so I have to go during lunch or Saturday. I'm at the grocery store once a week anyway so I just get stamps there.

BTW - I find the idea of mailing stamps to be incredibly funny for some reason. :-b
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 382)

Postby Rkiivs » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:04 am

Agreed. There's probably a lot of places that sell stamps that you don't realize. Here, the Ace hardware stores actually have a post office outlet right in their store. Grocery ands stationary stores sell them also.

Don't go...er...postal, man.
Rkiivs Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Innovative Member

Postby BigMusky » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:18 am

There is never a line at our post office. What do you need stamps for anyway? I use about one book a year.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby RugbyD » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:25 am

BigMusky wrote:There is never a line at our post office. What do you need stamps for anyway? I use about one book a year.

I don't trust the security of any info I would provide to do online bill paying. I know too many people that could, but don't, hack into that stufff with terrifying ease.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Iguana » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:30 am

A post office being out of stamps is like a grocery store out of food.
Iguana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:25 am

I need to send stuff by mail for work. People like getting hard copies of certain things, especially their bills.

I also buy them in rolls of 100. I tried buying them at the corner store and at the grocery store and I always get a dirty looks when I clean them out of all of their stamps. ;-)

The stupid post office has pissed me off so much that I think that I'll buy a stamp machine.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby RugbyD » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:34 am

Mookie4ever wrote:I need to send stuff by mail for work. People like getting hard copies of certain things, especially their bills.

I also buy them in rolls of 100. I tried buying them at the corner store and at the grocery store and I always get a dirty looks when I clean them out of all of their stamps. ;-)

The stupid post office has pissed me off so much that I think that I'll buy a stamp machine.

get one of those postage meters that they show on TV.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Next

Return to General Talk