Will the Dodgers bust out in the second half? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Will the Dodgers bust out in the second half?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Will the Dodgers bust out in the second half?

Postby orange12 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:00 pm

First of all not a big dodger fan. (Look at avatar.) But I just feel that any team with a rotation like they have is destined to fare better than below .500 in a weak division. Yes, Odalis Perez has been injured and Scott Erikson is really a crazed fan who keeps sneaking his name into the lineup but Lowe, Weaver, and Penny are posting very respectable numbers. So could the Dodgers really be a powder keg waiting to go off once Perez (who comes back today) and Bradley get back to 100%?
orange12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Will the Dodgers bust out in the second half?

Postby jjigglers » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:03 pm

orange12 wrote:First of all not a big dodger fan. (Look at avatar.) But I just feel that any team with a rotation like they have is destined to fare better than below .500 in a weak division. Yes, Odalis Perez has been injured and Scott Erikson is really a crazed fan who keeps sneaking his name into the lineup but Lowe, Weaver, and Penny are posting very respectable numbers. So could the Dodgers really be a powder keg waiting to go off once Perez (who comes back today) and Bradley get back to 100%?

With Drew possibly done for the year and Lowe horrible as of late, don't expect the Dodgers to finish the second half anywhere near how hot they were at the beginning of the season. However, with Bradley and Odalis returning and Weaver and Penny posting very nice numbers as of late, I dont think it's a reach to say they be better than .500 for the second half.
jjigglers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mustangs989 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:04 pm

With Drew and Gagne out I have a hard time believing they are going to have a good 2nd half. We'll see though, nobody knows.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby beltrans_boy » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:05 pm

The question surrounding the Dodgers isn't starting pitching. It's middle relief and offense. With Drew out for a substantial amount of time, that's only going to exacerbate the issue. In my opinion, the only way they're going to have a strong second half is if they go out and get a run-producing third baseman (Aubrey Huff?), but even then, they're going to struggle to catch the Padres in the NL West.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Deuce » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:30 pm

They still have 11 more games where they can take advantage of the Giants. Not sure how many more with the Rockies. But in the NL West, it shouldn't be too hard to win the division. San Diego and Arizona won't be running away with anything. The Giants and Rockies think this is NFL or the NBA, they're racing for last place and the first pick in next years draft.
The glass is neither half full nor half empty... It is simply a glass
Deuce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers