Jason Giambi - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jason Giambi

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:20 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:Why is this in the wrong forum? He's asking what to expect from Giambi the rest of the year? You know, pertaining to fantasy baseball...

There are alot of Yankee things that probably don't belong here, but you guys are just jumping at every thread that even mentions something to do with them.

This thread belongs here.

Right on time.

Hey bigh0rt, how about you contribute something to the conversation rather than make your cute little wiseass remarks. If Giambi was a KC Royal, you'd probably type and essay on what you'd expect from him the rest of the year. Because it's a Yankee and a Yankee fan started the thread, you immeadately jump to the conclusion that this is a thread discussing the Yankees. :-t
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 119)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:23 pm

SominaDei wrote:
.. I'm looking for some advice on Tino for fantasy baseball. I don't care about debating real world garbage, I want to know what you guys think from what you've seen, what you know, and what you expect from Tino for the rest of the year. Tino hits three HR in two games and drives in a handful, is seeing the ball well... but has been awful for two years... I don't need whining about Yankee threads, I need advice from other seasoned FBB managers because I'm hung up on whether to drop someone for Tino or not.

hmm ... seems I have heard this story before .. :-o
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1159)

Postby Octavian » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:24 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:Why is this in the wrong forum? He's asking what to expect from Giambi the rest of the year? You know, pertaining to fantasy baseball...

There are alot of Yankee things that probably don't belong here, but you guys are just jumping at every thread that even mentions something to do with them.

This thread belongs here.

Thanks BB, I thought it was in the right place... so now then, I digress... Jason Giambi? Can he be waking up? Second half stud? I mean I figure if he was juiced, then injured (Probably as result of juicing, he had that tell tale knee injury among other things.), it would take about this long for him to get himself back into game shape, find his stroke and get comfortable again. Plus, the media has kind of laid off him since the Yanks as a whole have been pretty damn awful. If it was anyone else, he'd be getting snatched up in every league fast... but then... two years of nothing... and most of this year with nothing. I'm weary at best... I could drop the following for him:

-DJ Carassco
-Jimmy Rollins (I... doubt I'll do this, but he is on the short list of dropables with Jeter at SS for me.)
-Aaron Hill
-Bronson Arroyo (I hear he's staying in the rotation? Probably same as Rollins, won't drop but he's on the short list.)
-Troy Percival
-Kenny Rogers

I have Hafner at 1st, but a three way platoon at DH with Wily Mo, Rollins and Hill. I like having Hill just in case ARam goes down, which he's somewhat prone to do... but if Jason is finding even half of his old self, he'll be worth something for sure.
Octavian
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:24 pm

wrveres wrote:Oh Joy.

another Yankee thread.

hahahahhaaa :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby orange12 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:24 pm

Giambi hit another homerun today and is going 3-4 so far in the seventh. I often wonder what would happen if the Yankees batted him second. The man has been an on base monster even when he's not hitting and, while he has no speed, he can create chaos for pitchers about to face Sheffield and Arod. His talents seem to be wasted when he's buried in sixth, seven, and sometimes even eigth in the order. Alot of 0-2 with two walks and no production type of nights.
orange12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:24 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
SominaDei wrote:
wrveres wrote:Oh Joy.

another Yankee thread.

Thanks for the input and advice, your contribution to this thread has been invaluable. :-t

A) He has a very good point, actually. Look around. It's rare we can even have a thread that doesn't start having something to do with the Yankees without having it degenerate to something that does.

B) If he's on your Waiver Wire, and you have a player you don't feel warrants a roster spot, sure, go for it. I wouldn't go trading for him, though.

This coming from a Mets fan. LOL
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Octavian » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:26 pm

wrveres wrote:
SominaDei wrote:
.. I'm looking for some advice on Tino for fantasy baseball. I don't care about debating real world garbage, I want to know what you guys think from what you've seen, what you know, and what you expect from Tino for the rest of the year. Tino hits three HR in two games and drives in a handful, is seeing the ball well... but has been awful for two years... I don't need whining about Yankee threads, I need advice from other seasoned FBB managers because I'm hung up on whether to drop someone for Tino or not.

What the hell does it matter? This is an ONLINE FANTASY BASEBALL FORUM. Can you get real and not be stuck up about it and at least TRY and answer my questions? Christ.
Octavian
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AT » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:30 pm

orange12 wrote:Giambi hit another homerun today and is going 3-4 so far in the seventh. I often wonder what would happen if the Yankees batted him second. The man has been an on base monster even when he's not hitting and, while he has no speed, he can create chaos for pitchers about to face Sheffield and Arod. His talents seem to be wasted when he's buried in sixth, seven, and sometimes even eigth in the order. Alot of 0-2 with two walks and no production type of nights.

I never really thought of Giambi has a potential #2 hitter. I can see the chaos he would create as well as being an on base guy he can sure frustrate a pitcher with a long at bat. However, I doubt Joe would use him there because he is slow as molasses and a double play waiting to happen. I wouldn't mind seeing them experiment though.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wrveres » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:31 pm

SominaDei wrote:
wrveres wrote:
SominaDei wrote:

What the hell does it matter? This is an ONLINE FANTASY BASEBALL FORUM. Can you get real and not be stuck up about it and at least TRY and answer my questions? Christ.

stuck up ... ? ? lmao ... :-b :-b

Ok enough playin' with the Yankee fans.
I keep forgeting that .500 makes em bitter.

sorry.

If it were me, I would drop Jimmy Rollins for him ;-D
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1159)

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:36 pm

It's not that it's a Yankee thread, but it looks as if he disguised an add/drop question. (I've got my eye on you now - disguising topics in order to hide in the Leftovers forum is a big no-no and something that we're looking out for these days).

Drop Rollins for Giambi? 8-o
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers