Coors Hrs at record low pace...Helton - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Coors Hrs at record low pace...Helton

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Coors Hrs at record low pace...Helton

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:15 pm

Rotoworld:
Todd Helton has just three home runs at Coors Field this year, and the homer pace in Colorado is on track to be at an all-time low.
The Rockies are on pace to hit just 85 homers at Coors, which is 12 behind the all-time low of 97 set in 2002. It could be weather related, or the fact that balls are being stored in a humidor, but it could also be the fact that the Rockies just aren't very good this year.

...OR it could be some of that AND the fact that Helton is a roid boy.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby George_Foreman » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:35 pm

"Hi!! My name is TheYanks04! I like to bring up steroids every opprotunity I get, even if it's completely off-topic and unrelated to what's being posted. Heck, I'll even start threads of my own about random stuff just so I can bring up steriods! And I don't need any basis for my claims; rational arguements centered around facts are for suckers."

seriously though, are there any numbers about how visiting teams are hitting homers at Coors? this would give us a better idea of whether the low rate of home run production was due to some weather- or field-related issue rather than just the general ineptitude of the rockies this year.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:49 pm

How about, the Rockies just plain suck at hitting? Seems like a more reasonable answer... Helton was never really a huge HR hitter anyways, usually 30-35.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:28 pm

George_Foreman wrote:"Hi!! My name is TheYanks04! I like to bring up steroids every opprotunity I get, even if it's completely off-topic and unrelated to what's being posted. Heck, I'll even start threads of my own about random stuff just so I can bring up steriods! And I don't need any basis for my claims; rational arguements centered around facts are for suckers."

Bravo ;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:31 pm

George_Foreman wrote:"Hi!! My name is TheYanks04! I like to bring up steroids every opprotunity I get, even if it's completely off-topic and unrelated to what's being posted. Heck, I'll even start threads of my own about random stuff just so I can bring up steriods! And I don't need any basis for my claims; rational arguements centered around facts are for suckers."

that was hilarious :-D :-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:34 pm

funny, you never hear him mention Sheffield :-o
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:53 pm

I'd love to be able to not have to hear the word 'steroid' on the boards unless somebody is actually caught, a la Alex Sanches. All this speculation only makes you look unintelligent, and annoying. So please, unless it's on the front page of the Sports Section of every major newspaper across America and we have some form of proof, let us remove the S-word from our vocabularies. It will be a much better place to hang out, here at the Cafe. No?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 326)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:17 pm

wrveres wrote:funny, you never hear him mention Sheffield :-o

Wait til he's no longer a Yankee. ;-D And GF's first post was classic too. ;-D

As to the real issue -- before this devolves into a Yankee/Red Sox slash steroid mess, the Rockies just suck this year. They don't really have any prototypical power hitters outside of Wilson and Helton, who is obviously slumping.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Return to Baseball Leftovers