Dunn almost an Astro? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dunn almost an Astro?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dunn almost an Astro?

Postby swingaway » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:36 am

Houston Chronicle : "As of Monday afternoon, Astros owner Drayton McLane said general manager Tim Purpura had not asked him to approve a trade for Cincinnati slugger Adam Dunn, a New Caney High graduate. According to a report, the Astros have been working on a deal to acquire Dunn for prospects Ezequiel Astacio, Taylor Buchholz and Fernando Nieve."

YES YES YES please bring Dunn down to Houston please
Last edited by swingaway on Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby uucrook3d » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:41 am

i would like that much better than him going to the dodgers. maybe rocket will finally get some run support.
uucrook3d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby toofunnyy » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:43 am

Houstons offense has actually been on fire the last month. Which is why they're almost back in the race for the wild card.

Dunn would be a force at home for the astros, it would be a great deal.
toofunnyy Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:53 am

Can't be any worse for his numbers than playing in CIN. :-b Looking at this from a fantasy point of view -- I don't have the numbers in front of me right now -- I thought GABP is actually more conducive to lefty power hitters than MM, but I could be thinking of something else. :-? From a real life perspective, this doesn't really make much sense for the Reds. Dunn is pretty much the only thing they've got going now and I can't believe they'd give him up for nothing but prospects. :-?
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:57 am

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:From a real life perspective, this doesn't really make much sense for the Reds. Dunn is pretty much the only thing they've got going now and I can't believe they'd give him up for nothing but prospects. :-?
I was thinking the same thing. Great deal for Houston if they can pull it off. I have no idea why the Reds would want any part of this.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 381)

Postby The Big Papi » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:01 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:
SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:From a real life perspective, this doesn't really make much sense for the Reds. Dunn is pretty much the only thing they've got going now and I can't believe they'd give him up for nothing but prospects. :-?
I was thinking the same thing. Great deal for Houston if they can pull it off. I have no idea why the Reds would want any part of this.

B/C the Reds organization/management isn't necessarily the brightest or smartest around ;-7 !+)
The Big Papi
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:26 am

Mack Daddy 281 wrote:
B/C the Reds organization/management isn't necessarily the brightest or smartest around ;-7 !+)

they will be labeled a lot worse than that if they trade dunn for this little bit of prospects ;-7 ..... but this trade, if it goes through, would definitely put the astros into heavy contention for the wild card......
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby amich1 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:36 am

Dunn could get traded to the Moon and he would improve his #'s. The braintrust in Cincy has him batting 7th 8-o He'll be traded somewhere soon & is as likely to have a monster second half as anyone. He has the quietest 20+ homers of anyone in the 1st half.
J.Lo? I knew her back when they said "Hey, ho".
amich1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Simulacrum » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:01 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
Mack Daddy 281 wrote:

they will be labeled a lot worse than that if they trade dunn for this little bit of prospects ;-7 ..... but this trade, if it goes through, would definitely put the astros into heavy contention for the wild card......

The astros have a legit shot at the wild card regardless of whether they get Dunn or not... it's amazing how much the Stro's (and the A's too actually) have 180'd so quickly. If their bats stay hot they will go far. There's no questioning the talent of their pitching staff.

As a Dunn owner I hope he gets traded. The stros would be my first choice. B-)
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby thaklanksta » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:02 pm

That would be sweet for Houston! It makes sense since Cincy needs some pitching and those are three good "future" arms.
thaklanksta
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers