Mets fans, need help. J.Reyes dropped to 7th, ramifications? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mets fans, need help. J.Reyes dropped to 7th, ramifications?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mets fans, need help. J.Reyes dropped to 7th, ramifications?

Postby riverrat » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:48 pm

Talk of dropping him, and now they did. 1) Any talk of how permanent this is? 2) How does this change affect his stealing attempts that low in the batting order? Anything else you can think of? Counting on him heavy this year. Rollins still on WW.
Thanks
riverrat
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:52 pm

HAHA! Rollins is on your waiver wire? Thats pretty funny stuff. Reyes hasnt been great by any stretch. I think the move to 7th is late and should have happened much earlier seeing as he is having trouble hitting for average and obviously doesnt take a walk. Hopefully this means a higher spot for Wright. Though, once again, Randolph has him hitting behind scrub Marlon Anderson.... :-P
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby Fireball Express » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:56 pm

I think if he gets on base he will still steal. Batting 7th gives the Mets a chance to play some small ball in the back of the order. Reyes gets on and steals setting up a sacifice for the pitcher batting in the 9th spot. :-? Big thing is that he needs to GET ON BASE! He's way too impatient a hitter to bat near the top of the order. The Mets will be running wild in the 2nd half and Reyes will be a part of it. I'd be a little more worried about his Rs than SBs.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Rirruto » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:09 pm

This move will not affect his SBs.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Yoda » Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:09 pm

Reyes needs to be benched until he learns not to swing at absolutely everything. He is still young and needs to be coached correctly. I don't understand why the Mutts continue to allow him to swing at every strike, every ball every at bat.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:59 pm

Yoda wrote:Reyes needs to be benched until he learns not to swing at absolutely everything.

Somehow I don't see how sitting on the bench will help but maybe that's just me. :-?
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:01 pm

Amazinz wrote:
Yoda wrote:Reyes needs to be benched until he learns not to swing at absolutely everything.

Somehow I don't see how sitting on the bench will help but maybe that's just me. :-?

Watch the game a little bit and how it's played? I dont' know. A few games off sometimes allows you to clear your head and focus on what you are supposed to do.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby joshyboy72 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:07 pm

How could they prefer Cameron leading off over Reyes? Reyes is much more of a game changer...all Cameron can do is strike out. I don't think this will be permanent.
big ups to smoovethug on the sig
joshyboy72
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:15 pm

Yoda wrote:
Amazinz wrote:

Watch the game a little bit and how it's played? I dont' know. A few games off sometimes allows you to clear your head and focus on what you are supposed to do.

I understand that your original comment was more about taking a dig at the Mets than an actual opinion but you're really stretching now. Anyway, I don't buy it. I don't see a player developing pitch recognition and plate discipline unless they are facing live pitching. I wouldn't agree but the argument that he needs more seasoning in AAA makes more sense. Also there's a lot more to Reyes than his flaws at the plate. He's a SS and the Mets don't have many other options.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TB13 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:23 am

Don't know if this is a byproduct of the lineup shuffle, but the biggest thing that I noticed was that Beltran was moved to 2nd. I don't know if this has anything to do with Reyes batting 7th, but I feel that such a move is huge. I think Beltran hits better out of the #2 spot. That could be the biggest thing that comes out of Reyes being dropped.
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers