Unit pitching on 3 days rest - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Unit pitching on 3 days rest

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby blankman » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:16 pm

I guess today answers your original question ns :-)

Hopefully they keep him on short rest and have him go 7 innings max to somewhat rest him :-b
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nsulham » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:20 pm

blankman wrote:I guess today answers your original question ns :-)

Hopefully they keep him on short rest and have him go 7 innings max to somewhat rest him :-b

Actually today doesn't really answer it. Tomorrow will be the test to see how he feels. He looked good though have to give him that.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby decktard » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:22 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
SominaDei wrote:Sure looked awful today...

...oh wait. :-?

What's your point? He looked good today. Ok. He looked like garbage last time. Ok. I'm glad he was good today. I hope he keeps it up and doesn't revert to the trash he's been lately.

I know this isn't a yankees bashing thread... but it might sound a little hostile. But... are you George?

Seriously... you play fantasy baseball so you of all people should know that players go up and down each year. This year's hottest hitter could be next year's bust. He isn't terrible and its not Randy's fault that the Yankees are overpaying him.

I know Yahoo ranking isn't the be all end all of stats... but he's the 23rd ranked starting pitcher (if you take out Turnbow). He's also the best one on the Yankees.

Now yeah... his stats aren't as good as his career average, however; the season isn't over... if he goes on a tear and brings everything down you'll be the first one worshipping him. My question is... who would you have wanted instead? How could you ensure that he wouldn't do poorly or get hurt? The Yankees do the same thing that we do as fantasy baseball players... stock their team with talent likely to succeed.

In other words: :~(
decktard
College Coach
College Coach

Postby nsulham » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:23 pm

And I'm sorry, but a 40-something pitcher with some bumps and bruises this season, who hasn't pitched on 3 days rest since 1997, should have at least had the question brought up. It wasn't a stupid question.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

Postby blankman » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:24 pm

nsulham wrote:

Actually today doesn't really answer it. Tomorrow will be the test to see how he feels. He looked good though have to give him that.

Well today answers how the question about how he'd perform.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby nsulham » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:29 pm

blankman wrote:
nsulham wrote:

And I can't argue with that at all, he looked good as I said before. Just because he did well doesn't mean it was stupid to bring it up though. It was a legit question.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:53 pm

decktard wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
SominaDei wrote:Sure looked awful today...

...oh wait. :-?

What's your point? He looked good today. Ok. He looked like garbage last time. Ok. I'm glad he was good today. I hope he keeps it up and doesn't revert to the trash he's been lately.

I know this isn't a yankees bashing thread... but it might sound a little hostile. But... are you George?

Seriously... you play fantasy baseball so you of all people should know that players go up and down each year. This year's hottest hitter could be next year's bust. He isn't terrible and its not Randy's fault that the Yankees are overpaying him.

I know Yahoo ranking isn't the be all end all of stats... but he's the 23rd ranked starting pitcher (if you take out Turnbow). He's also the best one on the Yankees.

Now yeah... his stats aren't as good as his career average, however; the season isn't over... if he goes on a tear and brings everything down you'll be the first one worshipping him. My question is... who would you have wanted instead? How could you ensure that he wouldn't do poorly or get hurt? The Yankees do the same thing that we do as fantasy baseball players... stock their team with talent likely to succeed.

In other words: :~(

Yeah, I know players go up and down. He's supposed to be the best pitcher in baseball. The Yankees didn't overpay him. He doesn't even make the most money out of starting pitchers in the league, and he was the best one after last year.

I never said the season was over or that he's a complete bust. I said he has been so far. And that's the truth. He hasn't lived up to his name. That's not to say he won't turn it around and have a great 2nd half, but that remains to be seen. I'm commenting on the 1st half. And it's been bad. That's the bottom line. And whether or not he's been one of the Yankees best means NOTHING because nobody on the Yankees staff has been any good.

He has not been good so far. I hope he does well, it's not like I'm rooting against him. He just hasn't been good. I hope I am worshipping him come October because that means he will live up to his name and dominate everyone he sees.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 116)

Postby Strasil42 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:55 pm

Rj had that slider working. It was nasty today.

I saw him hit 96 at one point as well.

;-D ;-D ;-D
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby blankman » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:25 pm

nsulham wrote:
blankman wrote:
nsulham wrote:

And I can't argue with that at all, he looked good as I said before. Just because he did well doesn't mean it was stupid to bring it up though. It was a legit question.

I never said it wasn't a legit question.

I just didn't expect Randy to have real problems, especially considering that he only threw 83 pitches the game before.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers