Is this THE Cliff Floyd injury? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is this THE Cliff Floyd injury?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is this THE Cliff Floyd injury?

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:01 am

Sounds like trouble this time-

Jul 4 Floyd's absence from the starting lineup in the Mets' 3-0 loss to Florida was partially due to him receiving a day off but mainly because he was nursing a sore right hamstring, the NY Post reports. "I jumped for that ball the other day and kind of tweaked it a little bit," he said. "I'll be ready to play [Monday] afternoon."

Recommendation: Floyd, who was snubbed for the NL All-Star team, had played in the previous 24 games before missing Sunday's contest but he expects to be back in the lineup Monday against the Nationals.

Jul 4 Mets outfielder Cliff Floyd wasn't in the lineup on Sunday and manager Willie Randolph acknowledged it was not a customary day off. "He's banged up pretty good," Randolph told the New York Post before yesterday's 3-0 loss to Florida. "He's been banged up for a few days now, and I want to make sure he stays strong. Floyd admitted being bothered by a right hamstring. "I jumped for that ball the other day and kind of tweaked it a little bit," he said. "I'll be ready to play [this] afternoon."

Views: Floyd is considered day-to-day, but injuries like this have had a tendency to linger at other times during his career, so fantasy owners should approach this one with caution. He is expected to be back in the lineup on Monday, and at this point, he should remain in fantasy lineups unless the threat of a more permanent absence presents itself.

Floyd hasn't been on my radar screen since this season, is this how his other injury-plagued seasons started? Anyone else worried or not so worried? :-?
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gws226 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:58 am

Unforunately, Yes :~(
If you found my advice helpful, please help me
gws226
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby lbbaseball14 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:02 pm

Goodbye Cliff, nice run
*Thanks to Super Manny*
lbbaseball14
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:29 pm

Not yet. The guy just tweaked it. Im sure he'll come back, push it, then rip the thing...then he'll be done. Give him another game or two...
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:31 pm

He's batting third in the lineup today. :-?

I'm benching him for Rolen though.

Man I've enjoyed having Floyd's bat on my team... I really hope this isn't what I've been afraid of all season... :-o
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Rirruto » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:38 pm

He fouled a ball off his knee and that and various small bumps and bruises, plus having Dontrelle going, all attributed to the day off. He should be fine.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Steve-o » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:51 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:He's batting third in the lineup today. :-?

I'm benching him for Rolen though.

Man I've enjoyed having Floyd's bat on my team... I really hope this isn't what I've been afraid of all season... :-o

He has really helped. If you can I would bench him the next few games or so, especially since the games are at RFK.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:28 pm

False Alarm. He's just banged up, but should be fine, for the time being at least. I'm surprised he's stayed this healthy this long, actually. Very nice, as a fan. Wish I owned the guy.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 326)

Postby go_jays_go » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:29 pm

bigh0rt wrote:False Alarm. He's just banged up, but should be fine, for the time being at least. I'm surprised he's stayed this healthy this long, actually. Very nice, as a fan. Wish I owned the guy.

Anyone see TWIB with him? Seems like a nice guy. ;-D
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Krunk City King$ » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:20 pm

he can still walk:

Floyd walked, Beltran to second.
Beltran walked.
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers