Praise Mays - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Praise Mays

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Praise Mays

Postby theclefe » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:32 am

Mays saved by butt this week, propelling my team to a 7-3 win on my league's defending champs.

I get the idea that soem of you aren't fond on him. He is having a good season, with a 5-3 record and 3.84 ERa. His WHIP will kill you and he doesn't impress with K's, but he hasn't been giving up alot of runs. I think he makes a good spot starter and back of the rotation guy in a deep league.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bdrotoronto » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:20 pm

Amazing what facing the Royals and D-Rays will do for you.

I spot started Lohse on Saturday, and Nathan got me 5 saves this week!.. :-B :-)
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:25 pm

Any pitcher who can be described with "His WHIP will kill you", I don't really care to praise. What it tells me is his ERA is just waiting to get blown up, and I wouldn't want him on my roster when that time came.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:40 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Any pitcher who can be described with "His WHIP will kill you", I don't really care to praise. What it tells me is his ERA is just waiting to get blown up, and I wouldn't want him on my roster when that time came.

Yeah, he's probably not an every week starter type. He had awesome matchups last week, and that's why I (and probably you) picked him up.

I suppose in a deep league he's someone to look at, but in a normal league I'd need to see better performances against better teams to pick him up long-term.
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:44 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Any pitcher who can be described with "His WHIP will kill you", I don't really care to praise. What it tells me is his ERA is just waiting to get blown up, and I wouldn't want him on my roster when that time came.

My thoughts exactly, however he has been a nice asset to some this far into the season. Teams that start 5 pitchers or more can take on this WHIP and it shouldnt hurt that much.I just hope he is on a staff with some high K and nice closers to bring down the WHIP
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers