What to improve to remain on top? Leav your link, will reply - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

What to improve to remain on top? Leav your link, will reply

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:41 am

I tried, he was claimed off waivers. So I have been trying to find a guy to fit the spot. I picked up Palmeiro even though I dont need his stick and am giving jerome Williams a shot as well. I currently am getting a bundle of trade offers.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby ahorsefish » Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:14 pm

I would keep Halladay, Carlos Lee and Wright for sure. I am probably going to go with Myers as the fourth just because he was drafted so low it's almost like keeping him for nothing. In a 14 team league you should be happy having Myers as your 3rd or even 4th starter.
ahorsefish Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:16 pm

Yeah, Im really wanting to keep myers since he will be my 21st round pick for the next three years. I really am looking at value. While Halladay is an ace, he is great value if kept for 1 year in the 5th round but loses value considerably if kept any longer in higher rounds. If I had to name my keepers today I think Id probably go with CLee (7), Wright (7), Roberts (14), Myers (23). Keep posting opinions and youre links...ill keep replying. Thanks.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CHESSTHUG » Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:37 pm

Might be a couple of weeks late regarding your open SP slot.. but Bedard or Patterson may fit nicely if available... V Zambrano possibly as well.. GL.
CHESSTHUG
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby johntudor » Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:43 pm

Thanks for the help. This is a cool idea for a keeper league, but my brain's starting to hurt. Your team's solid all-around, but are you more concerned with winning this year or setting up the best keepers for next year?
johntudor
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:55 pm

I am currently in first place by 14 games, so I am highly concerned with winning this year. With that being said, I am looking to win for next year as well. I cant really do too much since we can only keep four. I feel like I have a good group of valuable guys who I picked up late in the draft. Im pretty sure I dont want to keep all four guys for three years so I am able to keep my biggest value pick next year (if that makes any sense).
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Postby johntudor » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:29 pm

So who are you thinking of keeping, and for how long? I don't think I have the best grasp of how it works, but here's my first thought on who to keep:

Halladay for 1-2 years
Carlos Lee for 3 years
Wright for 3 years
Brian Roberts or Carlos Zambrano for 1 year

What's your plan?
johntudor
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:55 pm

Lee for 3 years, making him my 5th round pick for the next 3 years. Roberts for ??, I got him in the 14th round which is a steal but Im not sure how long ill designate him for. Myers for 3 years, making him my 21st round pick for the next 3 years. Wright for 2 years, making him my 6th round pick for the next 2 years. This is by no means for sure. I would really like to keep Halladay for 1 year and most likely will but Im not sure who out of these 5 I wont keep. Hard desicions....
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Postby johntudor » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:49 pm

Myers came on strong this year but are you sure you want to commit to him for the next 3 years? I don't have him on any teams so I haven't followed him terribly closely, but a lot could change from this year to next and beyond... he could get traded to a crappy team, he could get hurt, or he could just be a plain old one-year wonder... like I said I haven't followed him, but I'd be leery of a long-term commitment to a fairly unproven pitcher. I'd think Halladay for 1-2 years in his prime is a lot safer and better value, but I'm not sure I get the rules of your league completely.
johntudor
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:45 pm

We are able to keep four players. A player can be kept for 1-3 years. The keepers are based on draft spot. For example, if I select a guy in the 10th round and decide to keep him 1 year, I will take him the following year in the 10th round. If I decide to keep him 2 years, he moves up a round to round 9 (for the two years Im keeping him). If I decide to keep him 3 years, he moves up to my 8th round pick for the following three years. So this system really places value on great picks later in the draft. Im thinking about Myers because I got him with my last pick of the draft meaning great value. He was highly praised as a great prospect for a few years and finally is breaking out. Again, everything could change by the time I have to announce my keepers but right now Id really like to keep Myers because of the value. Depending how he finishes the year, he could be a 5th round pick or above next year and Id be getting him in round 23, 22, or 21 (depending on how many years I keep him). Halladay would be a great 1 to 2 year keeper as well...
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team