please help! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

please help!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

please help!

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:23 pm

EVERYONE PLEASE SIGN GET EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO SIGN THE LIST TO END POVERTY IN AFRICA, PLEASE DO THE RIGHT THING, I WILL TAKE ANY PUNISHMENT, FOR THIS TO BE SEEN

ps. I by mistake put this in the wrong fourm I am deeply sorry, i was in a rush

http://www.live8live.com/list

Now please sign up. A nice gesture. ;-D
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:25 am

I love these silly little crusades.

"Lets write our names on a list to end Hunger, Destruction of the Rainforest, whatever the thing is that week. Or lets throw a weeklong concert to change the world."

A lot of help having a concert is actually going to do or even writing your name on a list ;-7

Friggin hippies :-b
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby PlayingWithFire » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:29 am

That was helpful :-P
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Phatferd » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:50 am

I consider myself Liberal, and I think these actors and musicians are going about it wrong. The money that the U.S. and other countries do give to Africa isn't going to food and shelter for the unfortunate, it is going into Swiss bank accounts that these leaders set up.

If we really want to make a difference and start a movement and change how the world is, then we as American's and other privileged countries, need to start a movement in our own country demanding to lower tariffs and subsidies. Parts of Africa are so far into a hole from past leaders that people running the governments now, even if they are very capable and doing a good job, they cannot get out of debt, due to the incredible hole many past leaders put them into.

If we allow fair trade in Africa, where they can compete with everyone else with their natural resources then that will truly make the biggest difference. Instead of giving aid money to the governments of Africa give it to the working man by creating fair trade and in turn it will create a stronger middle class, which equals a more stable enviornment.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby PlayingWithFire » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:02 am

Phatferd wrote:I consider myself Liberal, and I think these actors and musicians are going about it wrong. The money that the U.S. and other countries do give to Africa isn't going to food and shelter for the unfortunate, it is going into Swiss bank accounts that these leaders set up.

If we really want to make a difference and start a movement and change how the world is, then we as American's and other privileged countries, need to start a movement in our own country demanding to lower tariffs and subsidies. Parts of Africa are so far into a hole from past leaders that people running the governments now, even if they are very capable and doing a good job, they cannot get out of debt, due to the incredible hole many past leaders put them into.

If we allow fair trade in Africa, where they can compete with everyone else with their natural resources then that will truly make the biggest difference. Instead of giving aid money to the governments of Africa give it to the working man by creating fair trade and in turn it will create a stronger middle class, which equals a more stable enviornment.

You got a point. I think lowering the tariff is the way to go and I support this because lowering the tariff is part of the plan.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to General Talk