Who is AL MVP thusfar? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is AL MVP thusfar?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

AL MVP?

Brian Roberts
15
21%
Alex Rodriguez
13
18%
Mark Teixeira
4
6%
Vlad Guerrero
5
7%
Miguel Tejada
22
31%
David Ortiz
12
17%
Michael Young
1
1%
 
Total votes : 72

Who is AL MVP thusfar?

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:04 pm

I think I got everybody who is in contention....
Image
disgruntledjetsfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 521
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kingctb27 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:07 pm

I went with David Ortiz. Yes, I'm a little biased as a Red Sox Fan, but you can't dispute his #'s and how clutch this guy truley is. I think Manny deserves to be on this list. Don't see how you have Michael Young as one of the Canidates...... :-? Maybe you meant Sori? ;-D
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion
Posts: 7189
Joined: 11 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Golfing

Postby blankman » Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:09 pm

I'm going with Alex Rodriguez based on the numbers.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mustangs989 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:15 pm

Thus far this season I'll have to go with BRob. I see him slowing down the second half of the season and Vlad ending up winning it though.
Image
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5540
Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Maybe next year...

Postby Kingctb27 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:16 pm

blankman wrote:I'm going with Alex Rodriguez based on the numbers.

Yeah, based on the #'s Alex is the clear front-runner for AL MVP. But, in the end when it matters, I don't think the Yankees record is gonna be good enough to win him the MVP. X-I Ortiz probably won't win it either due to the fact that he's a DH.
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion
Posts: 7189
Joined: 11 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Golfing

Postby blankman » Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:19 pm

kingctb27 wrote:
blankman wrote:I'm going with Alex Rodriguez based on the numbers.

Yeah, based on the #'s Alex is the clear front-runner for AL MVP. But, in the end when it matters, I don't think the Yankees record is gonna be good enough to win him the MVP. X-I Ortiz probably won't win it either due to the fact that he's a DH.


Question was MVP so far.

If the Yanks miss the playoffs, he won't win, but if they do and everyone stays with the same stats in comparison to each other, he should win.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:20 pm

kingctb27 wrote:I went with David Ortiz. Yes, I'm a little biased as a Red Sox Fan, but you can't dispute his #'s and how clutch this guy truley is. I think Manny deserves to be on this list. Don't see how you have Michael Young as one of the Canidates...... :-? Maybe you meant Sori? ;-D



Well I just threw him in there, thought he deserved it...here are his numbers:


batting .324, 12 homers, 43 RBIs, 58 Runs, and 2nd in the AL with 107 hits.

Also he has just 4 errors.

I dunno, maybe he doesnt deserve to be on the list...
Image
disgruntledjetsfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 521
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby beltrans_boy » Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:28 pm

AL MVP?

Tejada, hands down.

His numbers stack up against everybody else on that list, he plays SS, and his team is in 2nd place in one of the most powerful divisions in baseball.

You could also make an argument for Vlad, but he missed quite a bit of time. He's still my pick for MVP at the end of the season though, and he's in the process of making quite a case for himself...

Wow, it feels weird to argue FOR Tejada for a change! O:-)
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3092
Joined: 15 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: crusing down the street in my six-fo'

Postby Kingctb27 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:40 pm

beltrans_boy wrote:Wow, it feels weird to argue FOR Tejada for a change! O:-)

Ha, Y isn't Chavez on this list BB?
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion
Posts: 7189
Joined: 11 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Golfing

Postby Mustangs989 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:43 pm

BB I'm really interested in hearing your argument for why Tejada is hands down the choice. Both he and Roberts play on the same team but Roberts numbers are just better.

Brob ranks first in the AL in the following categories
OPS
Runs Created and RC/27
Win Shares
VORP

Now like I said earlier there's no way I see him keeping this up, but as of now I have a hard time not giving it to him.
Image
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5540
Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Maybe next year...

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact