Nick Johnson on the DL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Nick Johnson on the DL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nick Johnson on the DL

Postby rocky123 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:53 pm

Jul 3 The Washington Nationals have placed 1B Nick Johnson (heel) on the 15-day disabled list, according to Bill Ladson of Nationals.MLB.com. The move is retroactive to Tuesday, June 27.
Finally The Rock has come back....to New York City!!
rocky123
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jagfan21 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:24 am

that sucks he was hitting the ball well

Lugo Watch: SB - 24 HR - 2

Rehab is for quitters.

(The Official Corey Patterson Screwed Me Over Club)
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1087805#1087805
Jagfan21
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rocky123 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:36 am

Great, and I didn't pick up a replacement this week figuring Johnson would be back right after the break.

Nick Johnson suffered a setback in the rehabbing of his brusied heel and did not play in yesterday's minor-league game as planned.
He experienced pain in the heel while running in the outfield on Friday and is not expected back immediately after the break. No timetable has been set on his return as of now. Jul. 11 - 10:03 am et
Source: Washington Post
Finally The Rock has come back....to New York City!!
rocky123
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Box » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:42 am

rocky123 wrote:Great, and I didn't pick up a replacement this week figuring Johnson would be back right after the break.

Nick Johnson suffered a setback in the rehabbing of his brusied heel and did not play in yesterday's minor-league game as planned.
He experienced pain in the heel while running in the outfield on Friday and is not expected back immediately after the break. No timetable has been set on his return as of now. Jul. 11 - 10:03 am et
Source: Washington Post

Now we can add "heel" to the list of Johnson's problem areas along with "wrist and hand". :-t
Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Box » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:23 am

Any new news on this? Are we talking a month setback or a week? People are trying to make playoff pushes here, Nick!
Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Sultans of Squat » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:54 am

Box wrote:Any new news on this? Are we talking a month setback or a week? People are trying to make playoff pushes here, Nick!

Well, I'm not holding my breath for "a week". With NJ, I suspect it'll be closer to a month than a week. I actually dumped him as soon as he hit the DL in my non-keeper league since I'd rather use the DL spots for pitchers there -- I'm leading R/HR/RBI/OPS and NJ doesn't help SB although his AVG is nice.

In my deep keeper league that uses XR for points, not roto, I'm still holding him despite not having enough DL spots (for him *and* Javy Lopez) and was relying on him to be my main 1B/Util. Have to rely on Shelton and Dan Johnson now. Really wish I didn't trade away Hafner (and Floyd!) to get Beckett now -- Pronk was still iffy at the time (plus might not qualify for 1B next year) and Floyd had cooled off some and started getting niggling injuries. Oh well, can't win 'em all, but who knows? Maybe Dan Johnson will turn out to be almost as good as Pronk next year given their similarities. :D
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Box » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:54 am

Apparently he's out til late July at the earliest. Bleh.
Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby King Tim » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:34 am

Box wrote:Apparently he's out til late July at the earliest. Bleh.

If that is true, the guy is even a bigger puss than I originally thought. Thanks Nick :-t
King Tim
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Sultans of Squat » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:48 am

Heh. I'm just praying he doesn't end up out until Sept and come back unproductive w/ lingering effects and rustiness to end the year. :-[ Meanwhile, I'm praying that Shelton/Dan Johnson can do the job as NJ's replacement -- and hopefully, DJ turns into another Hafner type next year as a keeper to go w/ a healthy NJ...
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates