Brett Boone DFAed!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brett Boone DFAed!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby go_jays_go » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:37 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Mustangs989 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:With Kaz Matsui and Cairo handling our 2B defensive duties (and Chris Woodward/Marlon Anderson lately), I wouldn't mind getting Boone for his glove, and considering anything he brought with the bat as an added bonus, provided the money was right.

Don't be fooled by Boone's GG last year, he's not a very good fielder. I'm not sure how good any of your other options are though. Mets seem like a possibility.

I agreed in a different thread about Boone that the GG isn't a way to gauge how good a player is defensively, but his numbers aren't all that bad. The only people that I'd really want to have over him playing D at 2B (and this is just me quickly reviewing numbers, I hate doing hardcore defensive number crunching :-b ) are Jeff Kent and Marcus Giles.

Orlando Hudson! }:-)

How could you forget this guy! :-b
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mustangs989 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:38 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Mustangs989 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:With Kaz Matsui and Cairo handling our 2B defensive duties (and Chris Woodward/Marlon Anderson lately), I wouldn't mind getting Boone for his glove, and considering anything he brought with the bat as an added bonus, provided the money was right.

Don't be fooled by Boone's GG last year, he's not a very good fielder. I'm not sure how good any of your other options are though. Mets seem like a possibility.

I agreed in a different thread about Boone that the GG isn't a way to gauge how good a player is defensively, but his numbers aren't all that bad. The only people that I'd really want to have over him playing D at 2B (and this is just me quickly reviewing numbers, I hate doing hardcore defensive number crunching :-b ) are Jeff Kent and Marcus Giles.

You may want to do some more number crunching :-b . RF and ZR aren't the best defensive statistics but they give you an idea on how bad Boone is defensively.
Boone is last in Range Factor
Boone is last in Zone Rating
He's also way down there for Defensive Win Shares
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby go_jays_go » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:41 pm

Mustangs989 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
Mustangs989 wrote:

You may want to do some more number crunching :-b . RF and ZR aren't the best defensive statistics but they give you an idea on how bad Boone is defensively.
Boone is last in Range Factor
Boone is last in Zone Rating
He's also way down there for Defensive Win Shares

I'm telling you,

O-Dog is really underrated.

His defensive skills are amazing. I'm not afraid either to call him the best 2nd basemen defensively. Now if his offensive skills could back it up..It would just be gravy. But Hudson has saved a lot of games for us with his defence.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby HOOTIE » Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:04 pm

Twins are team with most interest. Seattle won't get much, likely a vague prospect and a little cash. Shame to see Boone crying. Guy has lots of passion. Bret feels better today. Believes he will end up on a contender. He's spending the day having a bbq at Mike Blowers house.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby nuggets » Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:14 pm

HOOTIE wrote:Twins are team with most interest. Seattle won't get much, likely a vague prospect and a little cash. Shame to see Boone crying. Guy has lots of passion. Bret feels better today. Believes he will end up on a contender. He's spending the day having a bbq at Mike Blowers house.

How do you know all this about Boone, Hootie? Do you know him?
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby HOOTIE » Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:20 pm

nuggets wrote:
HOOTIE wrote:Twins are team with most interest. Seattle won't get much, likely a vague prospect and a little cash. Shame to see Boone crying. Guy has lots of passion. Bret feels better today. Believes he will end up on a contender. He's spending the day having a bbq at Mike Blowers house.

No, but i'm friends with Seattle's beat writer, who just got off the phone with Bret.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby nuggets » Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:50 pm

HOOTIE wrote:
nuggets wrote:

No, but i'm friends with Seattle's beat writer, who just got off the phone with Bret.

Awesome. B-)
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:27 pm

blankman wrote:
go_jays_go wrote:I'm gonna miss the Bat flick.. :-b

I'm not; I've always thought it was showing up the pitcher.

I never liked the Booney Bat Flip either. :-P

Not surprisingly, we haven't had to see it too much this year. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby go_jays_go » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:35 pm

Madison wrote:
blankman wrote:
go_jays_go wrote:I'm gonna miss the Bat flick.. :-b

I'm not; I've always thought it was showing up the pitcher.

I never liked the Booney Bat Flip either. :-P

Not surprisingly, we haven't had to see it too much this year. :-D

LOL..Yeah..I think I've seen it once.. :-D
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Chuckles » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:02 am

raiders_umpire wrote:
reznorsboy wrote:I heard San Diego was interested!

if loretta is due back in 3 weeks or so, why would the pads have any interest in boone????????

According to the Department or Redundancy Department (I'm sure this has already been stated...), they'd move Loretta over to third. You've gotta love Stuart Scott!!!

Anyway, I really felt for Boone, sad day in Mariner history...although I do see where they're coming from. Sometimes things just have to be done!!!
If you can help:

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=313880

Thanks!!!

It's not the size of the dog in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!"
Chuckles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers