Any doubt that Helton will turn it around still? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Any doubt that Helton will turn it around still?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:19 pm

wrveres wrote:
toofunnyy wrote:
George_Foreman wrote:
reznorsboy wrote:Not unless he starts using Roids again or finds a supplement for the Roids!


you don't hit .340 because of roids.


You're a moron.

-Ken Caminiti


excuse me, but so are you.

Ken Caminiti was a career .274 hitter that had ONE Season when he hit .326. Other than that ONE season, he was lucky to sniff .300 on a regular basis. (excuse the pun)
Ken Caminitti was on a daily cocktail of illicit drugs, Ken would even take the field wacked out on coke, and those were the things that killed him. To say that steriods made him better is naive. To say that he died of steriods is naive. The same goes for Alzedo. enough of that rant.

Now, Todd Helton on the other hand has been one of the most consitent .330 hitters for the better part of 5 or 6 years running, and to say that it is because of steriods, when he is clearly hiding an injury, makes YOU sound like a .. ..

Moron ..

-ME

I'm quite sure steroids made Caminiti better for that one year.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6426
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

Postby Strasil42 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:30 pm

toofunnyy wrote:[
[quote]R.I.P Ken Caminniti


And if you're going to use a dead persons name, at least spell it correctly[/quote]

haha, gotta love how he just called you a moron and then replies with that.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4347
Joined: 14 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Omaha

Postby Kingctb27 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:11 pm

hongfu_chen wrote:
Steelers Rule wrote:he's still on my bench :-D


I don't have better option :,-( (Huff, no!! Utley, no!!)

Hrmm, I would think Utley is a better option than Helton right now.....
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion
Posts: 7189
Joined: 11 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Golfing

Postby BobbyRoberto » Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:57 pm

Against a lefty today, Helton was 0 for 4. He had some good games the last week but he needs to do something against left-handed pitching to officially be back.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 1269
Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bothell, Washington

Postby bd3521 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:16 pm

jjigglers wrote:Guy has a point though, since steriods help your muscle reflexes as well as your power, and that's why a lot of people experience a much higher average.


Even more importantly it feeds your ego and you feel like your the man at the plate. (at least thats what Canseco said helped many roiders', mentally, Big Mac for example)
[url]http://www.footballguys.com/05vbdrevisited.htm[/url]
bd3521
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1082
Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Northern NJ

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:20 pm

All you need to look at is Giambi and Bonds numbers. Just from a common sense point of view, that 20+ HRs that no are now fly outs to the wrning track will reduce the avg by 20+/600 ABs a season or roughly 30 points.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero


Posts: 9531
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ravenmad22 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:44 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:All you need to look at is Giambi and Bonds numbers. Just from a common sense point of view, that 20+ HRs that no are now fly outs to the wrning track will reduce the avg by 20+/600 ABs a season or roughly 30 points.


Giambi sucks. Bonds #'s are irrelevant because he hasn't been playing at all this year. Honestly, if Bonds comes back this year, I believe his #'s will be completely dominant like usual.
ravenmad22
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 515
Joined: 19 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Padres y Tacos » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:35 am

wrveres wrote:
toofunnyy wrote:
George_Foreman wrote:
reznorsboy wrote:Not unless he starts using Roids again or finds a supplement for the Roids!


you don't hit .340 because of roids.


You're a moron.

-Ken Caminiti


excuse me, but so are you.

Ken Caminiti was a career .274 hitter that had ONE Season when he hit .326. Other than that ONE season, he was lucky to sniff .300 on a regular basis. (excuse the pun)
Ken Caminitti was on a daily cocktail of illicit drugs, Ken would even take the field wacked out on coke, and those were the things that killed him. To say that steriods made him better is naive. To say that he died of steriods is naive. The same goes for Alzedo. enough of that rant.

Now, Todd Helton on the other hand has been one of the most consitent .330 hitters for the better part of 5 or 6 years running, and to say that it is because of steriods, when he is clearly hiding an injury, makes YOU sound like a .. ..

Moron ..

-ME



I think you should read your last post again, wrveres. It is hard to take your argument seriously when you switch from "It wouldn't surprise me at all if he is hiding an injury. accuing him of steriods is just plain stupid," to "he is clearly hiding an injury."
It has been said that using absolutes as a crutch is the clearest indicator of nonsense. Pretty weak.
Padres y Tacos
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 96
Joined: 14 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: South

Postby djack909 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:01 pm

I have had to bench Helton for Ibanez for weeks. I'm wondering how Shelton, Howard, or Willy Mo would look like on my bench?
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 712
Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: NikkiSixx, unioreimi and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Apr. 18
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at Cleveland
(2:20 pm)
LA Angels at Detroit
(7:05 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
St. Louis at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Miami at Miami
(7:08 pm)
indoors
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Seattle
(7:10 pm)
Atlanta at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Baltimore at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Philadelphia at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Arizona at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact