Redding and May for Quantrill???? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Redding and May for Quantrill????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Redding and May for Quantrill????

Postby Strasil42 » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:42 pm

From rotoworld.com

Tim Redding - S - SD

The Padres are set to part with Tim Redding and Darrell May to get Paul Quantrill from the Yankees.
Two pitchers that seem done and one that has never really gotten started. Redding is still the most valuable property in the deal, but New York hardly seems like the place for him to turn his career around. This seems like a bad idea for the Padres, even if it will save them a little money. The New York Daily News suggests that both Redding and May will be sent to Triple-A Columbus by the Yankees. Redding, though, is out of options, so if the Yankees try to send him down, they may lose him. Jul. 2 - 12:36 pm

Thoughts?
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby swingaway » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:47 pm

You beat my post by 1min on this same topic argh lol.
Anyways im see this trade as if the padres migh tbe willing to trade there other rps to help with other needs (3b lowell?).
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby blankman » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:49 pm

I couldn't care less about this deal. Quantrill has nothing left and anything in return is fine with me :-b

Can anyone give a synopsis about the Redding and May?
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby nsulham » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:49 pm

Doesn't seem like much of an impactful trade at all for either team to be honest.

If anything, I'd say SD doesn't make out TOO bad as it's basically a dump for dump deal. If Quantrill can find his sinker again, which is probably unlikely, he's at least another cog in the solid SD bullpen with Otsuka, Linebrink and Hoffman.

As for Redding and May, again, I don't see them making a big impact. More like fillers I guess but like Blank said, anything gotten for Quantrill they should take.
Last edited by nsulham on Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby cordscords » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:51 pm

Redding lived about 20 minutes from me. I got to see him pitch for MCC a few times and pitched a complete same shutout the first time I saw him. I actually got to chill in the dugout and talked with him in between innings. He's a quiet kid but can be funny as hell. He walked back in and said "you see that retard fall for the changeup?". He has confidence in his stuff, but he gets down if he gets hit early. When he is down he doesnt want to get back up. If he cruises through an inning or two he will be just fine.

I picked him up late last year and started him for a bit, moved him to my bench, and had to end up dropping him. It was double tough because he is a hometown guy, who plays for my favorite team.

Best of luck to him if he goes to NY.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Return to Baseball Leftovers