Live 8 concert - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Live 8 concert

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Live 8 concert

Postby perlick29 » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:16 pm

Just wanted to see if any of you went, respond when you get back. It's supposed to be great. I'm headed down there now as I literally live 2 seconds away from the festival. Enjoy the day!
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby theskaboss » Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:46 pm

I'm watching it on TV, one of the announcers was talking about how Kanye West flew all the way from Baltimore for the festival...

I mean this is for awareness of starving children and they're talking about a plane ride and added publicity for Kanye as a hardship, seems funky to me... :-/
theskaboss
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby nsulham » Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:33 pm

Wow, the censors really fell asleep at the wheel during Snoop's performance 8-o :-b
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby perlick29 » Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:41 pm

I just got back because it was mobbed and it took me 60 minutes to get home when it would take me maybe thirty seconds to get home. I'm skipping maroon 5 sarah mglauchlin, and stevie because they aren't worth the walk it would take when the concert ends.

All in all from my perspective:

Black Eyed Peas- Awesome as always they got the croud into it
Will Smith- WOW ;-D He's a phillian but still he's still got magic left in his arsenal
Dave Matthews Band- I was VERY Disappointed. Almost everyone went with their bread and butter except them. Dave was so obviously drunk on stage it was laughable, he only got polite applause when he was finished.
Kanye- Fantastic though I thought he was yelling a little much it was still good.
Alicia Keyes- she chose a very somber song and because the concert was running late, she only got one song, so sufficed to say, it sucked.
Toby Keith- Not really a fan of his so I wont comment as to him as I didnt get into it.
LINKIN PARK + JAY-Z!- Clearly the best performance I have ever witnessed live. The fans were going nuts and it blew everything away. I'm speechless and hoarse from singing along!
Def Leopard- I was very pleased with it although by this time I was on my way out so I missed the full feel.
Destiny's Child- Very good although more women were into it.
Bon Jovi- If it wasnt for Will Smith playing hype man, and the rap/rock colab from the grey album this would have been the best. Bon Jovi had everyone on their feet and I loved it.

All in all a very good event that I had a blast at. If i forgot to evaluate everyone, let me know I'll edit this. Hope you all get a chance to hear stevie because I'm sure he'll be great.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby go_jays_go » Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:26 pm

Pink Floyd is amazing.. 8-o

So glad they got to reunite.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:03 pm

Dear god Linkin Park was there? I can't stand their angst.

CRAWWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLING INNNNNNNN MY SKINNNNNNNNNNNN
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:11 pm

perlick29 wrote:I just got back because it was mobbed and it took me 60 minutes to get home when it would take me maybe thirty seconds to get home. I'm skipping maroon 5 sarah mglauchlin, and stevie because they aren't worth the walk it would take when the concert ends.

All in all from my perspective:

Black Eyed Peas- Awesome as always they got the croud into it
Will Smith- WOW ;-D He's a phillian but still he's still got magic left in his arsenal
Dave Matthews Band- I was VERY Disappointed. Almost everyone went with their bread and butter except them. Dave was so obviously drunk on stage it was laughable, he only got polite applause when he was finished.
Kanye- Fantastic though I thought he was yelling a little much it was still good.
Alicia Keyes- she chose a very somber song and because the concert was running late, she only got one song, so sufficed to say, it sucked.
Toby Keith- Not really a fan of his so I wont comment as to him as I didnt get into it.
LINKIN PARK + JAY-Z!- Clearly the best performance I have ever witnessed live. The fans were going nuts and it blew everything away. I'm speechless and hoarse from singing along!
Def Leopard- I was very pleased with it although by this time I was on my way out so I missed the full feel.
Destiny's Child- Very good although more women were into it.
Bon Jovi- If it wasnt for Will Smith playing hype man, and the rap/rock colab from the grey album this would have been the best. Bon Jovi had everyone on their feet and I loved it.

All in all a very good event that I had a blast at. If i forgot to evaluate everyone, let me know I'll edit this. Hope you all get a chance to hear stevie because I'm sure he'll be great.

Where was this concert? I thought for sure Dave Matthews was supposed to be playing at SPAC (Saratoga Peforming Arts Center) seeing as how I was supposed to go. I'm so confused! :*)
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Dave

Postby Ballwreckers » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:15 am

Even thoigh I was on the phone when Dave Played, he looked normal to me. If you are talking about the gibberish during too much , he does that from time to time..its a weird form of scat. As far Dave playing Spac, he did both shows since this was earlier in the day.
Ballwreckers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Re: Dave

Postby perlick29 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:33 pm

Ballwreckers wrote:Even thoigh I was on the phone when Dave Played, he looked normal to me. If you are talking about the gibberish during too much , he does that from time to time..its a weird form of scat. As far Dave playing Spac, he did both shows since this was earlier in the day.

My apoologies I meant it in the songs he chose not in his look. He's a recovering alcoholic who still smokes much pot.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Dave

Postby blankman » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:32 pm

Ballwreckers wrote:Even thoigh I was on the phone when Dave Played, he looked normal to me. If you are talking about the gibberish during too much , he does that from time to time..its a weird form of scat. As far Dave playing Spac, he did both shows since this was earlier in the day.

I didn't hear this Concert, but if it was at the beginning of Too Much, that's pretty normal actually. He did that at the start of that song at the 2003 Central Park Concert. Off the top of my head, he's also done it during Jimi Thing at the Polo Fields at Golden Gate Park concert in San Francisco in 2004.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Next

Return to General Talk