Best Centerfield Prospects - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Best Centerfield Prospects

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby garf112 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:59 pm

Yeah, I like Lubanski alot. He's hit 17 bombs and is only 20. He and Herrera are close in my book, but I give Lubanski the nod because of his power potential. Granderson is good, but I don't expect too much from the classic overachiever type. Bourn is 23 and doesn't have the power I thought you were looking for. If we are going on highest ceiling for potential I think the three at the top are all alone. But that's just my opinion.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby reznorsboy » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:56 pm

I'm excited to see what Pie can do at the Major league level! Cubs haven't had a good lead-off hitter in years.
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby garf112 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:35 pm

Pie and Milledge (wasn't going to put them since you said they were taken, and put b. anderson in there for reference) are tops on the list and then the 10 I have up there. The only problem with Lubanski is that he might end up in LF.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby bigken117 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:56 am

does Francouer qualify in CF?
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby garf112 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:57 pm

bigken117 wrote:does Francouer qualify in CF?

I believe he is solely a RF. But he is not on Yahoo yet so anything is possible

garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby dkakridas » Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:20 am

CHRIS YOUNG!!

plays for the AA barons. Only ranks behind Delmon Young in most categories plus he is a burner. Many in the organization compare him to Mike Cameron "with more power". He is a 30-30 guy with defensive skills waiting to happen.

He may or may not be able to leapfrog Sweeney and Anderson but a trade is more likely as the ChiSox will trade some of these prospects away for pitching help down the stretch. If Young is traded away to a team in need of a quality CF, like the Yankees, he could end up getting to the majors mighty quickly.

Don't forget this guy and check out the obscene numbers he is posting with the Barons.
dkakridas
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dkakridas » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:43 pm

Also, depending on what happens with Johnny Damon in Boston, Jacoby Ellsbury has the tools to be a very good fantasy OF. Actually he reminds many of a young Johnny Damon. Great plate discipline, blazing speed and highlight reel defense. Not too much power but he could end up being a nice Mark Kotsay type CF for a long time.

In Single A Lowell now but could be a fast mover if Damon bolts from Boston this offseason.
dkakridas
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wrveres » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:21 pm

dkakridas wrote:CHRIS YOUNG!!

plays for the AA barons. Only ranks behind Delmon Young in most categories plus he is a burner. Many in the organization compare him to Mike Cameron "with more power". He is a 30-30 guy with defensive skills waiting to happen.

He may or may not be able to leapfrog Sweeney and Anderson but a trade is more likely as the ChiSox will trade some of these prospects away for pitching help down the stretch. If Young is traded away to a team in need of a quality CF, like the Yankees, he could end up getting to the majors mighty quickly.

Don't forget this guy and check out the obscene numbers he is posting with the Barons.

anybody else know something about the guy ...
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 660)

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:54 pm

wrveres wrote:

30-30 Mike Cameron type is about right for Mr. Young. I do think he has a outside shot at the CF spot in Arizona now with the trade, as he was pretty good this past year in AA but I honestly think he does need another 1/2 or even a whole year in AAA before the callup. But one thing to think about is what does this trade do to Justin Upton with the Dbacks position wise in the future. :-?
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thedude » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:08 am

wrveres wrote:

Jon Sickles Take:

Toolsy outfielder, hit .277/.377/.545 with 26 homers, 32 steals, 70 walks for Birmingham. Impressive power/speed/patience player. Strikeout rate is high and he may not hit for average. Similar to Mike Cameron perhaps?

While I have heard other scouting reports that put him right behinf Jeremy Hermida and Francoeur
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to Minor League & College Baseball