Yahoo roster goofiness - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo roster goofiness

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo roster goofiness

Postby swyck » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:29 am

I could not accept a trade without dropping a player, even though it was 1 for 1 trade, and I had no one needing to come off the DL.

In another league I put Thome on the DL, but couldnt add a player to replace him. Got a message saying it would put me over the max roster size.

I've seen it before where I knew for a fact that my roster was cool but Yahoo wouldn't let me make a move. I think Yahoo gets goofy with the rosters sometimes. In other cases I drop a player, or put one on DL, and I don't see a message saying I have an opening.

In both cases, I'll could probably wind up dropping the same guy, Counsell, who has faded below my radar, but I shouldn't need to.

Anyone see this before? :*)
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby swyck » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:37 am

DOH! I answered my own question.

In the first case, the trade included Eaton, who is on the DL. So the player in return would put my roster over max size.

The second is a little goofier. Even though I put Thome on the DL, he was still listed as 1B in tommorow's roster. Not sure why that is, but I had gone and set Sundays roster, and I guess setting future rosters is sticky.

I put Thome on the DL tommorow, and now I have my one slot available.

:-b
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

Postby toofunnyy » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:48 am

I usually have to edit today's roster, and the next day. Then it seems to kick it.

But it always won't show I have a free roster spot, but does let me add players. A little wacky and you always have to double check.
toofunnyy Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby djack909 » Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:34 pm

Last night I dropped McPherson who was filling in for Mora for Maggs. I then DLed Maggs and went to pick-up another replacement 3Bman. I was able to pick-up McPherson for todays game as he wasn't on waivers. Never happened before. But this year there have been alot of bugs in Yahoo. In one of my leagues it took almost 6 weeks before the 1st-place team lost his #1 waiver priority even tho he was picking up a WW player about 3x a week. No wonder he is in first place.
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GiantFan666 » Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:25 pm

djack909 wrote:Last night I dropped McPherson who was filling in for Mora for Maggs. I then DLed Maggs and went to pick-up another replacement 3Bman. I was able to pick-up McPherson for todays game as he wasn't on waivers. Never happened before. But this year there have been alot of bugs in Yahoo. In one of my leagues it took almost 6 weeks before the 1st-place team lost his #1 waiver priority even tho he was picking up a WW player about 3x a week. No wonder he is in first place.

Was the first place player actually claiming players on waivers? or was he picking up FA's ? You can pick up all of the FA;s you like without losing your waiver priority. Its just when you claim someone off of waivers that you lose your priority.
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Baseball Leftovers