No.

For Billy Koch?

Yes. :-D

J/k..

Nah, I don't think Vernon will be a Yankee
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:12 am

Nope. We want prospects, and you really don't have any. :-b
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:17 am

Vernon does not have an oppressive contract so I don't see him going to the Yanks.

The one trade that I have thought of between the Yanks and Jays that nobody else has talked about is us sending O-Dog and Hinske for Cano. This solves a number of problems.

This lets the Yanks put pitiful Womack on the bench in favour of the best defensive 2nd baseman in the AL (and his bat is coming around). In return they have to take Hinske's salary. The Jays get to free up some salary, free up a spot in the infield for Hill (either he or Adams moves to second) Hillebrand goes back to first, Cano takes third and Koskie DHs. This would also free up a roster spot for Gross to stick around and he could share DH duties and be a spot OFer.

It makes sense for both sides but the Jays would be giving up too much IMO. I've said it before, O-dog's defence and leadership are very undervalued. This trade makes sense and I don't know that much about Cano but after seeing Adams boot one grounder and make what should have been a second error last night, I think that this would make the Jays worse.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:09 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Vernon does not have an oppressive contract so I don't see him going to the Yanks.

The one trade that I have thought of between the Yanks and Jays that nobody else has talked about is us sending O-Dog and Hinske for Cano. This solves a number of problems.

This lets the Yanks put pitiful Womack on the bench in favour of the best defensive 2nd baseman in the AL (and his bat is coming around). In return they have to take Hinske's salary. The Jays get to free up some salary, free up a spot in the infield for Hill (either he or Adams moves to second) Hillebrand goes back to first, Cano takes third and Koskie DHs. This would also free up a roster spot for Gross to stick around and he could share DH duties and be a spot OFer.

It makes sense for both sides but the Jays would be giving up too much IMO. I've said it before, O-dog's defence and leadership are very undervalued. This trade makes sense and I don't know that much about Cano but after seeing Adams boot one grounder and make what should have been a second error last night, I think that this would make the Jays worse.

In my opinion, O Dog is worth more than Cano. If he didn't switch hit, his average would be up near 290. And thats better than Cano. Cano isn't that exceptional at defense, anyways.

The Jays would do better to just stick with Hudson and Hinske if that trade was ever proposed to them.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby reznorsboy » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:46 pm

mweir145 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Vernon does not have an oppressive contract so I don't see him going to the Yanks.

In my opinion, O Dog is worth more than Cano. If he didn't switch hit, his average would be up near 290. And thats better than Cano. Cano isn't that exceptional at defense, anyways.

The Jays would do better to just stick with Hudson and Hinske if that trade was ever proposed to them.

I think Cano has more upside than O-dog!! and Hinske sucks. So it wouldn't be a bad deal.
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Toronto Blue Jays