Rangers give Soriano for Wang and Cano? Yanks Say No - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rangers give Soriano for Wang and Cano? Yanks Say No

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pokey » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:00 pm

dyuen87 wrote:
Pokey wrote::-? I think some Yankee's fans are overrating Wang and Cano. If I told you Yankee's fans that Cano would develop into a .280 hitter with 40 homerun power and double digit steals, I bet you'd be ecstatic. Well, that's what Soriano is right now. I think that's worth Cano and a guy that projects to be a #3 starter.

shouldnt go by all numbers. you need to actually watch both of them play to get a grasp of why us yankee fans are so high on these two. see in new york, players have to be able to stand the pressure. we're not some hillbilly town with two fans in the crowd. not all players can stand the spotlight. seeing a rookie like wang keep his cool and give you quality starts everytime he goes out there is something special. and cano is still a rookie with a world of potential. who knows maybe he'll be better than soriano. plus soriano is a free agent soon. if the yankees want him they can go sign him then.

I have seen both of them play, though obviously not as much as Yankee's fans have. They're good young players definately, but I think it's easy to get overly excited about good young players on a team that hasn't had any since... well, Alfonso Soriano.
Pokey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cordscords » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:59 pm

Sure the Yanks problem has not been hitting, it has been pitching. But with no real good pitchers being available this year, why not add more offense to help offset it a little? Soriano is hands down the best hitting 2B in the league, and Cano was never really that big of a prospect. People look at Wangs minor league #'s and early success and tab him as a top pitcher in the future. He is a foreign pitcher, doesnt throw hard, and has early success. Chan Ho Park and Hideo Nomo written all over him.

And the strategy of trading away prospects for immediate results have worked, so why stop now when they are still in the race? Bad time to start the rebuilding process, especially by holding on to 2 players who arent that special IMO.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Strasil42 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:17 pm

cordscords wrote:. He is a foreign pitcher, doesnt throw hard, and has early success. Chan Ho Park and Hideo Nomo written all over him.

Ive seen him hit 97 several times and he hits 93-95 most nights.

WHat do you consider hard???
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:18 pm

Strasil42 wrote:
cordscords wrote:. He is a foreign pitcher, doesnt throw hard, and has early success. Chan Ho Park and Hideo Nomo written all over him.

Ive seen him hit 97 several times and he hits 93-95 most nights.

WHat do you consider hard???

Lol, exactly. Don't comment on him if you've never seen him.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby cordscords » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:38 pm

I watched Wangs first and second career starts. Never saw him hit that high in those games. I apoligize if he saved the good stuff from that point on.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:40 pm

cordscords wrote:I watched Wangs first and second career starts. Never saw him hit that high in those games. I apoligize if he saved the good stuff from that point on.

Not a big deal but yes, he consistently throws around 93-95 and occasionally hits up around 97.

And he's still young, so he could begin to start hitting 97 consistently in a year or two.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby nuggets » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:41 pm

cordscords wrote:I watched Wangs first and second career starts. Never saw him hit that high in those games. I apoligize if he saved the good stuff from that point on.

Isn't it a pleasure dealing with the local vocal yankee fans?
Last edited by nuggets on Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:42 pm

nuggets wrote:

Isn't it a please dealing with the local vocal yankee fans?

What?
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby nuggets » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:43 pm

Ahh the extened posting time and drugs for Poisen Oak are gettng to me....pleasure, but I'm sure you were smart enough to make the connection ;-D
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby cordscords » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:44 pm

You guys are just giving me a hard time because you are Yankee fans. Thats what he is trying to say.

From what I did see in those starts is an incredibly slow delivery, but the arm speed he gets on the throw is incredible. I'm not sure if he moves faster from the windup now, that could explain why he is throwing harder now from when I saw him.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers