Rangers give Soriano for Wang and Cano? Yanks Say No - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rangers give Soriano for Wang and Cano? Yanks Say No

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:13 pm

After Soriano's performance in October a couple years ago, I seriously doubt the Yanks would bring him back. Also, his reluctance to change position would hinder the Yankees desire to move into OF.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby oukurt » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:55 pm

WharfRat wrote:As much as I liked Soriano (for a while), I like it better when he's chasing low-and-away sliders a foot off the plate in a different uniform. ;-D

Whatever dude. His glove is solid and he hits 280ish with nice power. Exaggerate much?
I agree he doesn't fit into the Yankee system, but he is a perfect fit for the Rangers.
Last edited by oukurt on Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oukurt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Strasil42 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:57 pm

oukurt wrote:
WharfRat wrote:As much as I liked Soriano (for a while), I like it better when he's chasing low-and-away sliders a foot off the plate in a different uniform. ;-D

Whatever dude. His glove is solid and he hits 280ish with nice power. Exagerate much?

His glove is solid??

Has he improved a lot since he has been at texas? I havent watched him much, but i remember when he was a yankee he was not good defensively.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Irish » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:01 pm

oukurt wrote:

Whatever dude. His glove is solid and he hits 280ish with nice power. Exaggerate much?
I agree he doesn't fit into the Yankee system, but he is a perfect fit for the Rangers.

Good point, if he had a liquid glove his errors would be way up this year. ;-D
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby oukurt » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:08 pm

Strasil42 wrote:
oukurt wrote:

Whatever dude. His glove is solid and he hits 280ish with nice power. Exagerate much?

His glove is solid??

Has he improved a lot since he has been at texas? I havent watched him much, but i remember when he was a yankee he was not good defensively.

His glove is much improved. Strasil don't you need to attend to one of your 40 teams?
oukurt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Strasil42 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:22 pm

oukurt wrote:
Strasil42 wrote:
oukurt wrote:

His glove is solid??

His glove is much improved. Strasil don't you need to attend to one of your 40 teams?

wow, thats pretty funny. Like i said before i have 4 teams, i just did over 15 mock drafts. 8-o 8-o

Want to show some stats that show he has improved at 2nd base??
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby unclepaulie » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:27 pm

THis is crap. If the Yanks COULD get Soriano for Wangchung and some scrub named Cano's they would do it in a heartbeat. This is just another way for the Stankee brass to boost up their Ricky Ledee type of 3rd tier prospects.

Womack in center?

Throw him in the deal too!
Last edited by unclepaulie on Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image <-----Meet the "NEW" Mets

"I pity the mind that can only spell a word one way"
-Thomas Jefferson
unclepaulie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: @ your house with my dirty shoes on ya white couch!

Postby Pokey » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:28 pm

:-? I think some Yankee's fans are overrating Wang and Cano. If I told you Yankee's fans that Cano would develop into a .280 hitter with 40 homerun power and double digit steals, I bet you'd be ecstatic. Well, that's what Soriano is right now. I think that's worth Cano and a guy that projects to be a #3 starter.
Pokey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby davidmarver » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:38 pm

Pokey wrote::-? I think some Yankee's fans are overrating Wang and Cano. If I told you Yankee's fans that Cano would develop into a .280 hitter with 40 homerun power and double digit steals, I bet you'd be ecstatic. Well, that's what Soriano is right now. I think that's worth Cano and a guy that projects to be a #3 starter.

Couldn't agree more. The Yankees give up better players/prospects for worse talent all the time; this deal at least makes sense.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby dyuen87 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:45 pm

Pokey wrote::-? I think some Yankee's fans are overrating Wang and Cano. If I told you Yankee's fans that Cano would develop into a .280 hitter with 40 homerun power and double digit steals, I bet you'd be ecstatic. Well, that's what Soriano is right now. I think that's worth Cano and a guy that projects to be a #3 starter.

shouldnt go by all numbers. you need to actually watch both of them play to get a grasp of why us yankee fans are so high on these two. see in new york, players have to be able to stand the pressure. we're not some hillbilly town with two fans in the crowd. not all players can stand the spotlight. seeing a rookie like wang keep his cool and give you quality starts everytime he goes out there is something special. and cano is still a rookie with a world of potential. who knows maybe he'll be better than soriano. plus soriano is a free agent soon. if the yankees want him they can go sign him then.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers