Rangers give Soriano for Wang and Cano? Yanks Say No - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rangers give Soriano for Wang and Cano? Yanks Say No

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rangers give Soriano for Wang and Cano? Yanks Say No

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:50 pm

Check the end of this quote.....Its from this link http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/s ... index.html

According to several industry sources, the Yankees would love to put A's outfielder Mark Kotsay in between Hideki Matsui and Gary Sheffield, a move that would considerably tighten up the defense and theoretically improve a suspect pitching staff... The Rangers asked for starting pitcher Chien-Ming Wang and Robinson Cano for Alfonso Soriano and were politely told 'No.'

Ok Cano and Wang seem to be great young players but Soriano is a pimp...I'd do that deal if I were the yanks...That would be one of the best infields around..of course they don't need another bat but It would be nice to see Soriano back
[/quote]
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:31 pm

You're insane if you'd do that.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby blankman » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:32 pm

I wouldn't do it myself, and I'm glad to see the Yankees exercise restraint in dealing their prospects for once.

I've said it before, but if Cano gets traded, almost no matter who for, I'm going to lose it %-6
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby nuggets » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:33 pm

blankman wrote:I wouldn't do it myself, and I'm glad to see the Yankees exercise restraint in dealing their prospects for once.

Understandable, but that doesn't go along with the current philosophy does it? Or are we seeing a change?
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby WharfRat » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:33 pm

As much as I liked Soriano (for a while), I like it better when he's chasing low-and-away sliders a foot off the plate in a different uniform. ;-D
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:34 pm

nuggets wrote:
blankman wrote:I wouldn't do it myself, and I'm glad to see the Yankees exercise restraint in dealing their prospects for once.

Understandable, but that doesn't go along with the current philosophy does it? Or are we seeing a change?

I think we're seeing a change otherwise both of them would be wearing different uniforms by now.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby blankman » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:38 pm

nuggets wrote:

What are you talking about? The team realizes it needs to look ahead and with Gene Michael's opinion mattering again, they'll excercise more restraint with their youth.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby George_Foreman » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:42 pm

they're both solid players but neither of them are amazing... unless George really is starting to stagger under the crushing weight of his wallet, i really don't see why this is such a bad deal for the yanks....
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nuggets » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:43 pm

blankman wrote:
nuggets wrote:

What are you talking about? The team realizes it needs to look ahead and with Gene Michael's opinion mattering again, they'll excercise more restraint with their youth.

Do you realize that not every baseball fan is alerted to Yankee happenings as quickly as you? There are how many other teams out there? I know the media revolves around the Sox and Yanks on the East Coast, it's much different in Oregon. Have some understanding. It's what I'm trying to do ;-D
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby blankman » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:03 pm

nuggets wrote:
blankman wrote:
nuggets wrote:

Do you realize that not every baseball fan is alerted to Yankee happenings as quickly as you? There are how many other teams out there? I know the media revolves around the Sox and Yanks on the East Coast, it's much different in Oregon. Have some understanding. It's what I'm trying to do ;-D

Alright. Point taken. It's just been all over hear that I'd have thought you'd have known.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers