Jeter in CF - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jeter in CF

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby HAC Wolves » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:39 pm

zoozam wrote:that would be funny if the Boss got so enraged he put the whole pitching staff into everyday defensive slots ... i'd pay good money to see the Unit play the hot corner for an afternoon

I would love to see that especially if it meant that A Rod would get shelled on the mound

but honestly that would be a much better situation for the Yanks because They ned to do anything to get Bernie out of center
Mariners for life

http://img87.echo.cx/img87/1927/paintballsig3xr.jpg

www.mccoypaintball.com
HAC Wolves
College Coach
College Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Steve-o » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:47 pm

Why does this stuff belong in fantasy baseball forum? Shouldn't this stuff go in a Yankee bulletin board (I'm sure they have them) or at the very least in the Yankee section?

:-?
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Jeter in CF

Postby lesgrant » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:10 pm

zoozam wrote:Chalk this up under the "makes good sense but will never happen", such as a college football playoff and the Clippers firing Elgin Baylor, but this move would help the Yankees immensely now ... without moving a key piece. Consider:

a) They have the best defensive SS in the game playing 3rd right now ... so really, a clear upgrade there.
b) Jeter would be an amazing CF ... remember the myriad fly balls you've seen him hawk down well into center (esp the great catches over his shoulder and going straight back); his best speed is after balls in the air whereas he simply doesn't have A-Rod's range at SS.
c) They could bring up a 3bman from the system to get some reps or trade for a Lowell or such.

It's stupid they won't even suggest it as it's just too hot an issue - moving Jeter from his rightful home at SS - but he should take some Biggio lessons and relieve Bernie in center.

I don’t follow your logic unless you’re joking.

Moving Jeter to center and bringing up a minor leaguer would not be a better solution than moving Matsui to center (his position in Japan for most of his career) and moving Womack to left and bringing Robinson Cano up.

Womack is a better LF than Jeter would be a CF.
Cano is better than any 3B on the Yankee farm.

Why on earth would you move someone with no outfield experience into the most difficult outfield position?

It’s pretty funny how whenever people want to “fix” the Yankees they talk about Jeter moving somewhere other than his Gold Glove position and use his range as the justification. I’m not sure where you stand, but most of these people happen to hate the Yankees. We heard the same partisan stuff from Yankee haters in the wake of the A-rod trade.

Give it a rest.
lesgrant
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby cookman » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:32 pm

I'm better than Womack. Seriously.
cookman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby djack909 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:32 pm

Michael Young throws a 95 mph fastball. Have Jeter pitch every 5th day. The Babe did that for years.
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Jeter in CF

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:19 pm

lesgrant wrote:[Womack is a better LF than Jeter would be a CF.
I don't know how anyone, especially someone who regularly watches the Yankees could say that. Womack is atrocious. He was a good defensive 2B but he is not a good defensive LF. Plus he has been awful at the plate this year. Just about anyone replacing Womack in LF would be an improvement. Jeter is talented enough to be a great CF.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 291)

Postby nuggets » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:36 pm

Steve-o wrote:Why does this stuff belong in fantasy baseball forum? Shouldn't this stuff go in a Yankee bulletin board (I'm sure they have them) or at the very least in the Yankee section?

:-?

;-D ;-D ;-D

If all the Yankee specific "crap" went where it belonged, things would be better. Thing is, most Yankee fans think that there team is Baseball's Leftovers. :-D

Jeter doesn't have great range and SS, why would he at CF?
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:56 pm

Ok Jeter is not getting moved to center..he's a good SS geez
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby baseball6791 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:09 pm

although it seems like it could, it is completely illogical. why move a gold glove SS to a brand new postition that he may or may not be good at when you are trying to get someone solid to shore up the defense.

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby blankman » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:21 pm

nsulham wrote:Trust me, there's enough people around here who lose it when it's suggested that Jeter move to 2B and A-Rod play SS.

Just duck, that's the best advice I can give you

;-)

Exactly.

Derek Jeter is going no where, no matter what. Give it a rest everyone. If I go further into this it'll just end up pissing me off and evolve into a 10 paragraph post as to why moving him CF is just a stupid idea. Save me the energy and yourself (the orignial poster) the time of reading it and just stop.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers