Jays Marketing!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Toronto Blue Jays

Jays Marketing!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jays Marketing!!

Postby reznorsboy » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:42 am

Anybody else get a call from the Jays marketing department offering deals to future games!! I must admit the guy wasn't too pushy and just thanked me after I declined to order ticks!!
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:13 am

you must be important rez. :-b :-) ;-D

never got any calls...but they used to send me a trivia question every day. :-B i sent the a text message to sign up for the promo they have with the trivia questions...i thought i would only get one message...it was actually 1 message a day...and i guess that if i answered it correctly...they'd send me another one...it was only fun in the first day. :-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby go_jays_go » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:35 am

LOL..

I remember when Carlos Delgado would be used to leave messages with this recorded message. It was hilarious. Because I had season tickets, I would get like 10 messages a week from Carlos. :-D
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby reznorsboy » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:13 am

go_jays_go wrote:LOL..

I remember when Carlos Delgado would be used to leave messages with this recorded message. It was hilarious. Because I had season tickets, I would get like 10 messages a week from Carlos. :-D

Hi I'm Carlos Delgado, I enjoy drinking delicous Malk! :-b
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

How do u think the Jays will do in the second half

Postby sportsguy80 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:30 am

i just want know how other jays fans think the jays will do in the second half me and buddies are hoping they heat up and win as many games as possiblle but we dont know the future so all we can do is go down to the rogers centre keep are fingers crossed and yell. GO JAYS GO!

give me your thoughts

Owner of the Toronto Blue Jays in the Strike Zone Dynasty
sportsguy80
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Hockey

Re: How do u think the Jays will do in the second half

Postby mweir145 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:08 am

sportsguy80 wrote:i just want know how other jays fans think the jays will do in the second half me and buddies are hoping they heat up and win as many games as possiblle but we dont know the future so all we can do is go down to the rogers centre keep are fingers crossed and yell. GO JAYS GO!

give me your thoughts

What I think they will do and what i hope they will do are totally different things. I mean I hope they go like 50-30 in their last 80 games and win the AL East, but the chances of that are, well, pretty slim in my opinion. This team hasn't shown the ability yet to win in bunches. Whenever they get something going, they always start having a little losing skid. The Jay's offense isn't going to scare anybody, but they have been pretty productive as of the last 10 games, and hopefully that will remain the same. I still think their offense will struggle unless they are able to trade for a power bat in the middle of the lineup.

Considering we really only have 4 starters, and one of them being Josh Towers. I think we need 1 if not 2 more starters at the trade deadline to compete with the Red Sox and the Yankees. I think Halladay, Lilly, and Chacin will be fine, but I'm not too sure about Towers/Bush. I don't think we should trade away our future for a few players that will only remain here the rest of the year. I think JP realizes this, and will only trade for players under contract for next season as well.

It does appear that JP's projection of 2006-2007 may be back on track for contention, after a minor setback last year. I think we should be looking at contending in the AL East next year and beyond, and not this year. It will be very tough with all of the rookies we have. Speaking of rookies, I think Adams, Hill, and Chacin will all have cases at AL Rookie of the Year.

My prediction, though it is one that i don't particularly like, would be about .500 the rest of the year, and have a respectable season of about 82-85 wins.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Return to Toronto Blue Jays