Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby toofunnyy » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:53 am

You did get robbed.
toofunnyy Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bdrotoronto » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:05 am

As an example Toronto Has 12 series against Bos.,NY, Balt, & Angels and 13 series against lesser teams. Which is part of the reason I traded Halladay and Freel for Kent and Cliff Lee a few days ago.

Terrible trade. :-t Halladay can dominate any team. This year alone he has already beaten the Red Sox twice, and has also had completely dominating performances against the Yankees, Rangers, and Cardinals, for starters. I simply do not understand this line of thinking at all.

I hope Cliff Lee does well for you.. :-b
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby djack909 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:23 pm

When you lead you closest team by 8 wins and the rest of the league by double digits in wins. And your pitching ranks are W 12 K 12 ERA 12 Whip 12, But you have 3 pts for HR and 5 pts for RBI. It makes sense to trade to trade Halladay and Freel (DL) to a team that is out of contention. For a replacement 2Bmen, Kent, who can help me where I need help.
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:27 pm

Did the guy you traded with have a bandana over his face, to hide his identity, at least, old Western style? Or did he go with the new era black ski mask? Either way, that trade was a stick up, with you on the ass end of it.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 836)

Postby djack909 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:45 pm

In another league today I have offered Nixon and Posada for R. Hernadez (DL) and Podsednik. I picked up Posada for Belliard off waivers this morning and have I-Rod. (managers must have been away for the 4th) I lead the league by 8 pts and my weak category is SBs. The seventh place team most likely will do the deal. It will lock this league for me. RH will be dumped for a FA pitcher. Byrd and Westbrooke are FAs. Trades are made in relation to what you need. If they are looked at as this player for that player you are fooling yourself. This trade ends up being Belliard and Nixon for Podsednik and Byrd. Its not a bad deal for me when I need the stolen Base category.
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:16 pm

Whatever helps you sleep at night. If you don't feel you got robbed, that's all that matters. I'd need a gun to my head to accept your end of that deal, though, personally, pretty much regardless of roster/league type, etc.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 836)

Postby djack909 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:28 pm

Oh by the way, the other reason I traded Halladay and Freel for Kent and Cliff Lee is that, I thought Doc was an injury risk.
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Big Pimpin » Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:51 pm

djack909 wrote:Oh by the way, the other reason I traded Halladay and Freel for Kent and Cliff Lee is that, I thought Doc was an injury risk.

I bet. Sounds good now though, doesn't it?
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby djack909 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:06 pm

If you read my previous statement on the deal, I said the Cleveland schedule was "part" of the reason I made the deal. I had to choose between Halladay, Clemens, Harden, or Willis to give up. Halladay was chosen because I felt he may be a injury risk.
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Registered_Guest » Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:44 pm

djack909 wrote:As an example Toronto Has 12 series against Bos.,NY, Balt, & Angels and 13 series against lesser teams. Which is part of the reason I traded Halladay and Freel for Kent and Cliff Lee a few days ago.

Nice trade :-D
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers