Any athletes out there? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Any athletes out there?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby theskaboss » Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:35 pm

kingctb27 wrote:
theskaboss wrote:Wow, all you dudes playing the wussy sports! ;-7

I played JV vball my freshman and sophmore year in high school, starting setter, woot. I quit last year though.

Wow, you can't even make it on Varsity in a girls sport......... :-b

Haha yea sad, I might have been able to make it, I didnt even try out becuase the team was full of @$$es...

I also don't really consider it a girls sport, I think a lot of the hitters are way more powerful than you think...
theskaboss
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jzfran » Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:43 pm

Swimming. Looking into some Division I schools on some scholarship money. I was top 16 in the USA in my age group for a few relays in the past couple years.
jzfran
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:47 am

Football, Baseball, and Social Golf in High School

Baseball in College, Social Golf

Now I just play Softball and got my golf handicap down to a 12 which I am very happy with.

I also bowled in college but I don't like to brag about that much :-D
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:51 am

Madison wrote:A professional amateur bowler. Meaning that I've qualified to be a professional for over the last decade, but have chosen to say in the amateur ranks. Up until the last year or so, the money in the amateur ranks has been better than the pros while having less expense to earn the money and easier competition. Injuries have also hindered my progress the last few years. Not sure if I'll be giving the tour a shot or not. Probably at least a year away from making a solid run at it if I choose to do so. We'll see.

As to other sports, high school baseball, basketball, track, and tennis. Didn't go any higher than high school with any of them. Was supposed to do tennis in college, but I didn't wind up going to college.

Good to see I am not the only bowler here!

Where you from Madison?
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Iguana » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:32 am

I still play basketball in leagues and would like to join a softball league. Used to play pickup hockey, but it's been awhile......
Iguana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:12 pm

SHOCKandAWE wrote:
Madison wrote:A professional amateur bowler. Meaning that I've qualified to be a professional for over the last decade, but have chosen to say in the amateur ranks. Up until the last year or so, the money in the amateur ranks has been better than the pros while having less expense to earn the money and easier competition. Injuries have also hindered my progress the last few years. Not sure if I'll be giving the tour a shot or not. Probably at least a year away from making a solid run at it if I choose to do so. We'll see.

As to other sports, high school baseball, basketball, track, and tennis. Didn't go any higher than high school with any of them. Was supposed to do tennis in college, but I didn't wind up going to college.

Where you from Madison?

Ft. Worth, Texas. :-) ;-D

Bowled up in your area for 6 months back around '96. Don't they know what oil is up north? Had to trash all my equipment and have new stuff drilled up since the lanes are so dry up there. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:53 pm

Madison wrote:
SHOCKandAWE wrote:

Most of the alleys around here didnt go to synthetic lanes until 1994 with some waiting until just 4-5 years ago.

My highlight was bowling with Bob Learn Jr in a Pro Am back in 1998.

Where you from Madison?

Bowled up in your area for 6 months back around '96. Don't they know what oil is up north? Had to trash all my equipment and have new stuff drilled up since the lanes are so dry up there. :-D
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Jagfan21 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:55 pm

Varsity Baseball (Catcher)
Varsity Football (Tight End)

Lake Brantley High School

Home of Rickie Weeks, Felipe Lopez, Jason Varitek, and Chris DiMarco ;-D ;-D ;-D

Lugo Watch: SB - 24 HR - 2

Rehab is for quitters.

(The Official Corey Patterson Screwed Me Over Club)
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1087805#1087805
Jagfan21
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:39 pm

SHOCKandAWE wrote:
Madison wrote:
SHOCKandAWE wrote:

Where you from Madison?

Most of the alleys around here didnt go to synthetic lanes until 1994 with some waiting until just 4-5 years ago.

My highlight was bowling with Bob Learn Jr in a Pro Am back in 1998.

Wood, synthetic, either are pretty irrelevant to me. Both have their own quirks. I shoot pretty regularly on synthetics in 3 centers and 3 wood centers down here. I don't really have a preferance either way on it. ;-D

Hmm....Highlight for me I guess would be winning the division 1 singles event of the 1994 Fort Worth American Bowling Congress City Tournament. I was a few months shy of turning 19 and with the victory (shot 782 scratch), I became the youngest Ft. Worth City Champion in history and the record still stands. B-)

Down here I get to compete against quite a few pros on a regular basis. Chris Johnson and I grew up bowling against each other as kids. D. J. Archer was coached by my father when he was a teenager. Del Ballard and his wife Carolyn Dorin-Ballard live not far from me. Chris Barnes is in the area and bowls the tournaments. Paul Fleming is a local boy. We've also got a few ex-pros like Ron Williams around here too. In fact, Ron does all my drilling work and we discuss new equipment quite a bit. The Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex is a pretty good place to live in if you're a bowler. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby warrick95 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:43 pm

Played OG in football my freshman year of high school. Health condition ended that...now I'm pretty much out of sports and just do cycling and weights. I might take up golf and get back into tennis, though.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk