Any athletes out there? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Any athletes out there?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:07 am

A professional amateur bowler. Meaning that I've qualified to be a professional for over the last decade, but have chosen to say in the amateur ranks. Up until the last year or so, the money in the amateur ranks has been better than the pros while having less expense to earn the money and easier competition. Injuries have also hindered my progress the last few years. Not sure if I'll be giving the tour a shot or not. Probably at least a year away from making a solid run at it if I choose to do so. We'll see.

As to other sports, high school baseball, basketball, track, and tennis. Didn't go any higher than high school with any of them. Was supposed to do tennis in college, but I didn't wind up going to college.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby reznorsboy » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:04 am

Madison wrote:A professional amateur bowler. Meaning that I've qualified to be a professional for over the last decade, but have chosen to say in the amateur ranks. Up until the last year or so, the money in the amateur ranks has been better than the pros while having less expense to earn the money and easier competition. Injuries have also hindered my progress the last few years. Not sure if I'll be giving the tour a shot or not. Probably at least a year away from making a solid run at it if I choose to do so. We'll see.

As to other sports, high school baseball, basketball, track, and tennis. Didn't go any higher than high school with any of them. Was supposed to do tennis in college, but I didn't wind up going to college.

Have you ever missed time because of excessive internet use?(ala Carlos Zambrano)
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby denny_32 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:22 am

Starting 1B, 3 years for my HS Varisty baseball team. Came in 3rd in the state my Senoir year. I've been playing baseball since I was 5. Just recently started playing in a fast-pitch softball league where I'm the Catcher/1B (no one else was dumb enough to be the catcher). I did do some spot catching in HS, but not enough to be any good at it. I've been to 3 try-outs for MLB teams (Cincy, Pittsburgh, Cleveland). Came close to making the cut for Cincy (made it through the 3 day try-out and was one of the last ones cut on the 3rd day).

I played one year of basketball in HS (just to help get in shape for my senoir year of baseball).

I was a goalie in a rec hockey league for 4 years (I figured that since was able to be a goalie, I could also be a catcher NOT TRUE).

I no longer play hockey or basketball, but will forever continue to play baseball/softball (had a brief stint in a slow pitch league. it really screwed up my swing, so i quit). I am currently in 2 different 18 - up baseball leagues. They will have to cart me off the field to get me to stop playing.
[size=9][b]Member #007 of the [url=http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=116750&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0]Yadier Molina Fan Club.[/url][/b][/size]
denny_32
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:38 am

I was a swimmer for like 12 years. Top 10 in the country a couple times. Qualified for the 1996 Olympic Trials. Alas, never made it to the big stage. Swam club through high school, then for the University of Arizona for a few years.

Now it's just pickup hoops and golf.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby BigMusky » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:52 am

my right hand is a much better athlete then me...but I try my best to keep up.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby RyanK » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:15 pm

done a little football, a lot of hockey, some baseball, and some golf...

hoping to play college hockey at a top d 3 school like babson, nec, somewere
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:16 pm

BigMusky wrote:my right hand is a much better athlete then me...but I try my best to keep up.

that's just :-P Musky. :-b
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:16 pm

I played baseball my whole life until I went to college.

CF, RF, LF Leadoff batter in Highschool...State Champs my junior year.

American Legion Allstar....

Played travel and during the summer we'd play around 40+ games.

Played hockey too in highschool but I was terrible.

Now I play softball.

I skied 33 days this year. So thats my main sport although I mountain bike now during the summer and fly fish
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby LionsandTigersOhMy » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:59 pm

I played Football (TE) and Baseball (CF and P). All Conference in Baseball as a Sophmore Junior and Senior. All City in Football Junior and Senior year. I had offers from several Division 1 schools in Baseball but blew my knee up and now I am a gimp. :~(
LionsandTigersOhMy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby eftda » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:48 pm

Started playing Nintnedo in 89, went to sega, playstation then followed up with a little N64. Went pro with Xbox live and now I train with the best in Halo 2. Online record doesn't reflect my training with Bungie Mods. Yet to play for cash.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk