Interesting thought about Soriano - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Interesting thought about Soriano

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby nsulham » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:22 am

Rent did say that but as to where Hanley will be your guess is as good as mine. If Johnny comes back, he won't be in CF. I can't see Rent moving to 3B to let Hanley play SS so they might put him at 2B, but that blocks Pedroia so who knows.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby theclefe » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:23 am

MMoNeY24 wrote:
blankman wrote:
nsulham wrote:
blankman wrote:
theclefe wrote:Blankman is having a cano lovefest.

It's been a long time since the Yanks have brought up and kept a prospect this promising and I absolutely love what i've seen from him.

I know what you mean there. I can't WAIT to see Hanley get up and do his thing. Pedroia too for that matter.

Don't know about Pedroia but where's Hanley going to play? 3b? 2b? Will they move Renteria?

Rumors are and Renteria has been quoted to saying he'd make a move to 3B because he'd do anything to help out a guy with as much potential as Hanley, and wouldn't wanna hold him back. I'm pretty sure Pedroia is 2B.

I highly doubt Rent or Ramerez will be moved. Neither really produces enough yet to be a corner infielder.

Then again, Bill Mueller is the sox third baseman so who knows.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby da1chipo » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:23 am

I'd love to see Sori as the Yanks CF. I do think he'd be great (well, solid). How nice it would be to have my fav. player back on my team. I'm still bitter about trading him for ARod. (Somehow even with his monster season so far, I find a place to hate him) Anyone remember him in RF against the Marlins in the WS?
da1chipo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Award-Winning Graphics Expert

Postby MMoNeY24 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:23 am

nsulham wrote:Rent did say that but as to where Hanley will be your guess is as good as mine. If Johnny comes back, he won't be in CF. I can't see Rent moving to 3B to let Hanley play SS so they might put him at 2B, but that blocks Pedroia so who knows.

Why wouldn't Damon play CF?
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby nsulham » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:25 am

MMoNeY24 wrote:
nsulham wrote:Rent did say that but as to where Hanley will be your guess is as good as mine. If Johnny comes back, he won't be in CF. I can't see Rent moving to 3B to let Hanley play SS so they might put him at 2B, but that blocks Pedroia so who knows.

Why wouldn't Damon play CF?

If Johnny comes back (Hanley) won't be in CF.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

Postby blankman » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:26 am

uucrook3d wrote:
blankman wrote:
uucrook3d wrote:
blankman wrote:
The Roto Authority wrote:has he ever played CF? why would you put him there? the yankees have a terrible 2B right now - maybe the worst in all of baseball.

Cano is terrible? Are you frickin kidding me? Cano has been outstanding this season, especially as a 22 yr old rookie. The future looks great at 2B for the Yankees and Cano in all likelihood not going anywhere. Cano has to be in the top half of MLB 2B already. To call it the worst in baseball is an outrage.

Sorry but that statement is a farce and just completely pissed me off and tells me you probably didn't even know Cano was playing.

On Soriano, he strikes out too much still for the Yanks, especially with Michael who like OBP having a say in Yankee matters now.

He has the athleticism to play CF for sure, but who knows how he'd actually play.

It's an interesting idea, but I don't think the Yanks will sign him to play CF and they definately won't sign him as a 2B. As a CF though, you never know what the Yanks could do.

cano is terrible defensively. if you cant see that, then you are biased. he can handle the bat though ;-D

He's definately not terrible. He's easily better than Soriano for one. I find it funny that you claim to know how he is as a defensive 2B when I highly doubt you've watched him much and definately not nearly to the extent I have. As a 22 yr old, he's still got plenty of time to get better. 2B defense is hardly a problem for the Yankees.

and i find it funny that you claim to know how much i have watched cano... i have seen him in a dozen or so games which i know is not as many as you but in the majority of them he has made some sort of error, i have yet to see him make an exceptional play. i am not saying that soriano was better definsively. i think any rookie that started at 2b for the yanks would struggle definsively. however, i do think that all defense is a problem for the yanks, including 2b

You have to admit that calling Cano terrible defensively after 12 games is a pretty big leap. It's hardly enough time to make a good judgement. He's young and we can look for him to improve all around as he continues to adjust to playing with Jeter, and in the Major Leagues.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby bd3521 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:28 am

Wright has mad quite a few errors. He's horrible. Mets should trade him for Hawkins. ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)
[url]http://www.footballguys.com/05vbdrevisited.htm[/url]
bd3521
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby blankman » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:29 am

da1chipo wrote:I'd love to see Sori as the Yanks CF. I do think he'd be great (well, solid). How nice it would be to have my fav. player back on my team. I'm still bitter about trading him for ARod. (Somehow even with his monster season so far, I find a place to hate him) Anyone remember him in RF against the Marlins in the WS?

I liked Soriano, but personally, I'm a huge fan of Alex. He's really grown on me (although I liked him from the start) and I like him even more every day. Some people don't like him, but he's really only second to Jeter in my favorite Yankee hitters.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby blankman » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:31 am

bd3521 wrote:Wright has mad quite a few errors. He's horrible. Mets should trade him for Hawkins. ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Or Cal Ripken Jr.

(an attempted analogy to the previous post about getting Biggio, an old fogy, to play 2b of the Yankees) :-b
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby nsulham » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:32 am

Alrighty, well the original topic of this thread is mostly answered and dead so feel free to talk about whatever you want I guess :-b
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers