Interesting thought about Soriano - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Interesting thought about Soriano

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Interesting thought about Soriano

Postby nsulham » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:04 pm

This was brought up on BBTN and made me think at least.

Any chance Soriano ends up back with the Yankees next season...in centerfield? He's a free agent so it's a possibility I guess. Whether it happens though is obviously an entirely different matter.

Personally I thought they wanted to upgrade their defense in center, and throwing someone out there with no centerfield experience doesn't seem like an upgrade to me.

As a Soriano owner I wouldn't mind it as he's done his best work as a Yankee.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:07 pm

I think after the defensive debacle that has been their outfield this year, I wouldn't peg them to stick Soriano out there. Though you just never know with them.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 388)

Postby The Roto Authority » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:38 pm

has he ever played CF? why would you put him there? the yankees have a terrible 2B right now - maybe the worst in all of baseball.
The Roto Authority
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tomkatt » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:38 pm

I thought Soriano was against playing OF??
tomkatt
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MMoNeY24 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:54 pm

tomkatt wrote:I thought Soriano was against playing OF??

Yeah, he said he didn't wanna move to SS and when he first got to Texas he wouldn't play SS, that's why they moved Young there. I'd be happy to get Soriano back in anyway possible (not sure where he'd fit other than CF), I don't care about that one postseason. I think more about that 39/41 year... assuming he'd lead off, that's pretty hard to pitch to.
Last edited by MMoNeY24 on Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby RynMan » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:55 pm

I would think the Yanks have their eye on Tori Hunter.... :-?

?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby MMoNeY24 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:58 pm

RynMan wrote:I would think the Yanks have their eye on Tori Hunter.... :-?

?

What's the details on his contract? I'd love to get him, but I can't see the Twins letting him go... My guess would be if they have enough money to re-sign Radke, they'll sign Hunter.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby blankman » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:58 pm

The Roto Authority wrote:has he ever played CF? why would you put him there? the yankees have a terrible 2B right now - maybe the worst in all of baseball.

Cano is terrible? Are you frickin kidding me? Cano has been outstanding this season, especially as a 22 yr old rookie. The future looks great at 2B for the Yankees and Cano in all likelihood not going anywhere. Cano has to be in the top half of MLB 2B already. To call it the worst in baseball is an outrage.

Sorry but that statement is a farce and just completely pissed me off and tells me you probably didn't even know Cano was playing.

On Soriano, he strikes out too much still for the Yanks, especially with Michael who like OBP having a say in Yankee matters now.

He has the athleticism to play CF for sure, but who knows how he'd actually play.

It's an interesting idea, but I don't think the Yanks will sign him to play CF and they definately won't sign him as a 2B. As a CF though, you never know what the Yanks could do, but something needs to be done.
Last edited by blankman on Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby blankman » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:00 am

MMoNeY24 wrote:

Yeah, he said he didn't wanna move to SS and when he first got to Texas he wouldn't play SS, that's why they moved Young there. I'd be happy to get Soriano back in anyway possible (assuming it'd be for 2B and CF is settled with someone else), I don't care about that one postseason. I think more about that 39/41 year... assuming he'd lead off, that's pretty hard to pitch to.

And what of Cano then?

He's the best young player the Yankees have had in awhile. And at 22, it's hard to see him not improving even more.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby MMoNeY24 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:01 am

blankman wrote:
MMoNeY24 wrote:

Yeah, he said he didn't wanna move to SS and when he first got to Texas he wouldn't play SS, that's why they moved Young there. I'd be happy to get Soriano back in anyway possible (assuming it'd be for 2B and CF is settled with someone else), I don't care about that one postseason. I think more about that 39/41 year... assuming he'd lead off, that's pretty hard to pitch to.

And what of Cano then?

He's the best young player the Yankees have had in awhile. And at 22, it's hard to see him not improving even more.

Yeah, I edited my post. Honestly, Cano slipped my mind for whatever reason and he was in my avatar for a little while. !+)
Last edited by MMoNeY24 on Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers