Aramis Ramirez -- Anybody know if he'll play this weekend? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Aramis Ramirez -- Anybody know if he'll play this weekend?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Aramis Ramirez -- Anybody know if he'll play this weekend?

Postby kcs261 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:43 pm

Anybody see the game today and what happened?
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shpuck » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:54 pm

I read (because he's on my team) that he was hit in the knee with the ball (my guess is when he got HBP). Apparently he stayed in the game a little longer (ran the bases), but was then pulled. His current status according to sportsline is day to day.

Not sure about the weekend, but I really need him to hit so I can get some points this week.
shpuck
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby reznorsboy » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:23 pm

I was watching the game! He got hit on the left knee with a pitch. He stayed in to finish the inning but didn't come out for the next inning! It didn't sound too good. He wasn't in alot of pain so I doubt it is really serious!
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby checkers » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:46 am

More on Ramirez ...

Jul 1 Updating a previous item, The Chicago Tribune's Dave Van Dyck reports Chicago Cubs 3B Aramis Ramirez (shin) could miss all or part of the weekend series against the Washington Nationals due to pain in his left shin after being hit by a pitch.
checkers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby checkers » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:11 pm

latest update...

Jul 1Ramirez might miss a little time after being hit in the left shin by a pitch in the fifth inning Thursday, the Chicago Sun-Times reports. X-rays were negative, but trainer Mark O'Neal said Ramirez has a deep bruise.

"It's probably a game-time decision [Friday]," O'Neal said about whether Ramirez will play against the Nationals. "Right now, we're day-to-day. It went off his left shin, right below the knee... It was sore enough for him not to be able to run off the field. He said there was no way he could make a quick move or play consistently after that. He removed himself, and we sent him for X-rays."
checkers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Injuries & Player Updates