Dunn batting 2nd and Beckett starting, FYI - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dunn batting 2nd and Beckett starting, FYI

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby hybrid » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:45 am

Narron said he is going to try Dunn in the 2nd spot, so I suspect it's for a good amount of time.

Also, everyone in the Marlins organization says there is no re-injury of the blister. It does look bad if you were watching, but they said it was just precautionary and he was a bit fatigued after just coming back.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PlayingWithFire » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:46 am

RBI going downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn if Dunn hit 2nd
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hybrid » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:53 am

hongfu_chen wrote:RBI going downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn if Dunn hit 2nd

You would normally think so, but I'm not so sure in this situation. I've seen him play quite a bit and teams never ever pitch to him with men on. I mean why would you when you have Pena, the catcher, and pitcher behind him? Pitchers will be forced to pitch to him at least now, though I'd rather they put him in the #3 spot.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby PlayingWithFire » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:56 am

hybrid wrote:
hongfu_chen wrote:RBI going downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn if Dunn hit 2nd

You would normally think so, but I'm not so sure in this situation. I've seen him play quite a bit and teams never ever pitch to him with men on. I mean why would you when you have Pena, the catcher, and pitcher behind him? Pitchers will be forced to pitch to him at least now, though I'd rather they put him in the #3 spot.

Think Brad Wilkerson.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby theclefe » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:57 am

hybrid wrote:Narron said he is going to try Dunn in the 2nd spot, so I suspect it's for a good amount of time.

Also, everyone in the Marlins organization says there is no re-injury of the blister. It does look bad if you were watching, but they said it was just precautionary and he was a bit fatigued after just coming back.

Nothing better than a strike out after you leadoff guy gets on to spark an offense.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby PlayingWithFire » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:58 am

theclefe wrote:
hybrid wrote:Narron said he is going to try Dunn in the 2nd spot, so I suspect it's for a good amount of time.

Nothing better than a strike out after you leadoff guy gets on to spark an offense.

that too :-D
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby hybrid » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:03 am

Wilkerson? I'd say there is a good amount of difference there. Pitchers are 1- actually afraid to pitch to Dunn with men on base 2-he has a much much better line up around him (Reds 6th in runs & Nats 29th). Oh yeah and if you give Wilkerson the power that Dunn has, add 15 hr's and his rbi total is better then Dunn's at the moment.

Can we get over the K's now, top of the line up is for on base. Do you want a contact hitter (double plays are more of a rally killer than a K with men on base) there that can't get oon base over .300 or Dunn? I'd take Dunn fairly easily, better chances of being on base and if they pitch to him he can hit a hr.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby theclefe » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:13 am

hybrid wrote:Wilkerson? I'd say there is a good amount of difference there. Pitchers are 1- actually afraid to pitch to Dunn with men on base 2-he has a much much better line up around him (Reds 6th in runs & Nats 29th).

Can we get over the K's now, top of the line up is for on base. Do you want a contact hitter (double plays are more of a rally killer than a K with men on base) there that can't get oon base over .300 or Dunn? I'd take Dunn fairly easily, better chances of being on base and if they pitch to him he can hit a hr.

there are so few quality #2 men in baseball these days, so I guess Dunn is their best bet. i can only name a handful of players who make contact to the right, can bunt and has decent enough speed to beat the DP. Not to mention the lack of leadoff guys who can steal second to null the double play, or fast guys who have a decent enough OBP to bat leadoff.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Cooner » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:49 am

theclefe wrote:
there are so few quality #2 men in baseball these days, so I guess Dunn is their best bet. i can only name a handful of players who make contact to the right, can bunt and has decent enough speed to beat the DP. Not to mention the lack of leadoff guys who can steal second to null the double play, or fast guys who have a decent enough OBP to bat leadoff.

I've been noticing this myself lately. A lot of the "fast guys" out there have crappy OBP. I don't get it, with speed as a weapon, you gotta be able to get on base to use it.
Cooner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers