MVP 2005 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

MVP 2005

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:56 am

Half Massed wrote:yeah i'm starting to figure it out. the problem with me is that i use the keyboard, and the button i have to hold for uppercut swing is the same button for steal second, so if i have a guy on first and try to swing for the fences, he takes off, making me have to swing basically even if its a ball or not a great pitch.

Can't you just change the buttons in preferences? :-? Either way, a cheap gamepad is definitely the way to go. ;-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:02 am

very quickly press the first base botton after you "try to steal"
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Half Massed » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:41 am

for some reason i can only change certain keys, and steal base isn't one of them. i'm getting along ok without a game pad (i think i'm like 26 and 12 on pro level in my A's dysnasty) but it would be helpful.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:29 am

try this websites too.

http://www.mvpmods.com

Alsome stadiums ;-D(notice anything different in Fenway in pg.2?)
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:21 pm

I've decided that I hate this game!. Its crappy...Ok its not crappy but it coulda been about 100 times better....Online games are all 1-0 and people can edit there teams to cheat.. I remember older versions if a pitch was a Mistake and in the Red Zone it was getting smacked...in this game 9 out of 10 times its a pop up or ground out.. I think EA did a terrible job with the playabilty of this game...who the heck wants to play 1 - 0 games all day...not me...I've had it since the day it came out but I gotta say that i sucks...Ok I do keep playing it cause I need a baseball fix..but its crap :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby baseball6791 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:19 pm

acsguitar wrote:I've decided that I hate this game!. Its crappy...Ok its not crappy but it coulda been about 100 times better....Online games are all 1-0 and people can edit there teams to cheat.. I remember older versions if a pitch was a Mistake and in the Red Zone it was getting smacked...in this game 9 out of 10 times its a pop up or ground out.. I think EA did a terrible job with the playabilty of this game...who the heck wants to play 1 - 0 games all day...not me...I've had it since the day it came out but I gotta say that i sucks...Ok I do keep playing it cause I need a baseball fix..but its crap :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t

i really dont understand where all of this is coming from :-? i have none of the same sentiments as you. if anything EA has made the playability more realistic. if you try to pull an outside pitch, you will ground to second. if you try to go oppo but swing early you will pop it up. if you try to pull it and swing late you will get jammed. its very much like playing real baseball in that you must time your swing relative to where you are trying to hit the ball. using the hitters eye helps your timing a lot too. in season play (on pro level i think, whatever the second or third one is) i hit 2-3 HR a game usually. when i play vs my friends we have high scoring games a lot of the time, as we have no room for mistakes, since both of us crush mistake pitches. its very tough at first but once you get the hang of hitting using the directional stick and timing it right, i find the playability very good, and very realistic.

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to General Talk