MVP 2005 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

MVP 2005

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jzfran » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:12 pm

Half Massed wrote:apparently there was a lefty glitch in 2004 that made it a lot harder to hit homers with a lefty. that's what i heard though, i never actually played 2004.
That would definately make sense. I hit tons of HR with my righties but i hit very few with leftes (even with Blalock and Teixera). All HR I hit with lefties are to opposite field too.
jzfran
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby reznorsboy » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:14 pm

go_jays_go wrote:My strategy for striking out is...

If I'm up in the count 0-2 or I have two strikes, I always throw a curveball low. The computers always swing at them. Especially if you have some mad curveball pitcher like Zito. ;-D

;-D

You can also sub in a Sinker for the curve!!
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:01 pm

You can also play around with the sliders in gameplay tuning too. It takes a while to figure out the right values for the setting you play on, but it makes it much more realistic and enjoyable. ;-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby RynMan » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:05 pm

Man I love this game. Any spare time I get I'm str8 onto the PS2 and playing it. I have started a new dynasty by doing a fantasy draft. I also make both leagues a DH cuz I wanted to play at Minute Maid and have a DH. Here's the team I came out with:

c - Inge
1b - Delgado
2b - Utley/Ginter platoon
3b - Teixeira
ss - Lugo
lf - Pujols
cf - Crawford
rf - Guerrero
dh - Willy mo

sp - burnett, beckett, vazquez, haren, juan cruz
rp - dotel, farnsworth, aquino, capellan, street, gonzalez, urbina

Dont ask me how Pujols was on the board for my 2nd pick. 8-o
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:56 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:You can also play around with the sliders in gameplay tuning too. It takes a while to figure out the right values for the setting you play on, but it makes it much more realistic and enjoyable. ;-D

This is the best way to play any of the new sports games. I simply love being able to adjust sliders to make aspects of games more true to life. Makes playability and enjoyability much more extensive, IMO.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 373)

Postby Kingctb27 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:50 pm

THe best way to hit homers on the game is to look for a pitch inside and have the player try to pull the ball down the line. More often than not your gonna Fly Out, but if you get lucky with a big bat at the plate, it's gone, trust me on this one. ;-D
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby baseball6791 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:57 pm

It depends on if you play with a gamepad or not... on the PS2 version (and i expect the PC version if you use a gamepad) you angle your swing with the left analog stick. to hit homers, you have to angle the stick up and to whichever field you want to hit it (going with the ball is the best way to do it, so if its outside to a right handed hitter angle the stick up and right, inside with a righty up and left. its the same thing just flipped with lefties.) for strikeouts, i go for 2 pitches on the corners where his cold zones are, and then a breaking pitch that breaks off the plate. for steals, again this is how i do it in the PS2 version, you use the right analog stick to get leadoffs. get a full leadoff, which i believe is 2-3 taps of the stick, and then push the steal button as early as possible, and the runner will go as early as he can then. you still get thrown out sometimes no matter what, but if you pick your pitches (breaking ball counts) and players its not too hard. if it is a good catcher only steal with people who have 90+ speed though. if it is piazza steal with pretty much every1. ;-)

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Half Massed » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:28 am

sorry if this is a dumb question, but as i've said i'm getting used to the nuances of the game. i know how to adjust the slider, but what exactly does it do and how much is a good adjustment?
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:10 am

Half Massed wrote:sorry if this is a dumb question, but as i've said i'm getting used to the nuances of the game. i know how to adjust the slider, but what exactly does it do and how much is a good adjustment?

That really depends. I have mine set to really favor hitting (I have always sucked). As for what each does, it's pretty confusing on some of them but these seem to be accurate as far as I can tell. ;-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:09 pm

I like to play online but its a pain since hitting is hard..so you have to learn to bunt and steal bases and not make dumb throws
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk