MVP 2005 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

MVP 2005

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

MVP 2005

Postby Half Massed » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:23 pm

i just got it for my computer earlier this week and i have some questions. this is my first mvp, so i'm still learning. i've played about 25 games in dynasty mode, and i'm doing alright, half my team is hitting over .400, but some things are off.

1) homeruns i get a lot of hits, but they all seem to be line drive singles. my team leader has 2 at this point. is there a way to try to hit homeruns or something?

2) strikeouts i was looking at the mvp checklist and it gives points for like 10, 15, and 20 k's a game, but i top out at 2, if i'm lucky. it seems if i try to go out of the zone, they take it, and if i pitch strikes they'll hit it by the third one. is there a way or a strategy to get k's?

3) stealing this one might just be lack of experience, but whenever i try to steal a bag i always get thrown out pretty easily. i guess i must be getting a bad jump or something? i dunno, is there a way to take a bigger lead or run earlier or something like that?

thanks for the help ;-D
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nuggets » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:35 pm

You'll find everything you need here ;-D

http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/v ... 7d2263a108
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MMoNeY24 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:58 pm

For strikeouts, I usually get around 8 or 9 a game. My method is get 2 strikes on the guy and throw a slider across the plate outide/inside near the plate (depending on a righty or lefty pitcher) and in the lower part of where the zone should be.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby go_jays_go » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:23 pm

My strategy for striking out is...

If I'm up in the count 0-2 or I have two strikes, I always throw a curveball low. The computers always swing at them. Especially if you have some mad curveball pitcher like Zito. ;-D
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:24 pm

MMoNeY24 wrote:For strikeouts, I usually get around 8 or 9 a game. My method is get 2 strikes on the guy and throw a slider across the plate outide/inside near the plate (depending on a righty or lefty pitcher) and in the lower part of where the zone should be.

Yeah, that's the best strategy. Also, if your guy has a 12-6 curve or a splitter, you can throw in very low in the strikezone, as soon as the controller starts to vibrate, and they usually go fishing on it.

For homeruns, you have to hold the directional thing northeast or northwest, depending on where you want to hit it. It's much easier to pull the ball, and you won't hit a homer every time. You need to get a pitch up and in within the zone, or a mistake pitch, and then unload on it.

Stealing, use the right analog stick and push up to get a better lead. You can get picked off easier this way though, with a slow runner.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Mets4Life » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:33 pm

go_jays_go wrote:My strategy for striking out is...

If I'm up in the count 0-2 or I have two strikes, I always throw a curveball low. The computers always swing at them. Especially if you have some mad curveball pitcher like Zito. ;-D

I usually just try to get 3 strikes
Thats my strategy

Oh yea...im still on 2004 ;-D
Mets4Life
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby go_jays_go » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:49 pm

Mets4Life wrote:
go_jays_go wrote:My strategy for striking out is...

I usually just try to get 3 strikes
Thats my strategy

Oh yea...im still on 2004 ;-D

Obviously if your trying to strike someone out you would want 3 strikes. !+)

2004?

I never actually managed to hit HR with lefties in that game..I only hit a few.. :-/
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby LooseCannon » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:09 pm

I get tons of Ks for the PS2 version.........all you do is pitch two "perfect" pitches on the corner and mix it up for the third pitch...
if your last pitch was a fastball throw a change and all the others throw a curve or slider.

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby nuggets » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:22 pm

go_jays_go wrote:2004?

I never actually managed to hit HR with lefties in that game..I only hit a few.. :-/

I've smashed a few in to the cove with Bonds but it does seem like an awful lot of his straight center field shots fall short. Usually a 3B or inside the parker though.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Half Massed » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:03 pm

apparently there was a lefty glitch in 2004 that made it a lot harder to hit homers with a lefty. that's what i heard though, i never actually played 2004.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to General Talk