Favorite Player? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Mets

Favorite Player?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Favorite Player?

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:00 pm

Just wondering who everyones favorite player was? (Met, of all time)

Mine would have to be Howard Johnson, with an honorable mention to Robin Ventura.

Anyone else?
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Favorite Player?

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:02 pm

pokerplaya wrote:Just wondering who everyones favorite player was? (Met, of all time)

Mine would have to be Howard Johnson, with an honorable mention to Robin Ventura.

Anyone else?

An admitted bat corker (Ho-Jo) is your favorite player? I held him in very high regard until I read about him admitting to corking his bat for several years.

Mike Piazza is my favorite Met of all time, bar none.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby Rirruto » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:10 pm

Robin Ventura, Benny Agbayani, Rey Ordonez, Darryl Strawberry, David Cone, and most recently Jose Reyes and David Wright.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:12 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:Just wondering who everyones favorite player was? (Met, of all time)

Anyone else?

An admitted bat corker (Ho-Jo) is your favorite player? I held him in very high regard until I read about him admitting to corking his bat for several years.

Live and let live. Not his proudest moment, I'm sure, but I enjoyed every at bat of his and for that he brought me great joy.

David Wright is also quickly becoming a favorite of mine. I enjoyed watching him in AA.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:24 pm

pokerplaya wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

Anyone else?

Live and let live. Not his proudest moment, I'm sure, but I enjoyed every at bat of his and for that he brought me great joy.

David Wright is also quickly becoming a favorite of mine. I enjoyed watching him in AA.

David Wright is making his way into favorite player status as well. With Big Mike on the decline and preparing to hang up the cleats, I think Wright will easily replace him in my eyes.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:23 pm

Mooooooooooookie brings back fond memories for me as well. :-)
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:45 pm

Lenny "Nails" Dykstra is my favorite player of all time. Piazza is my favorite player of the modern Mets and Wright is easily becoming my new favorite player.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby killiansjmd » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:42 pm

Cone and McReynolds were my favorites and currently David Wright is.
killiansjmd
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mcfara » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:26 pm

as bad as it sounds, i think wright and reyes....most of the big name guys that have been there in the last 15 yrs or so (i am 22) have been busts. i am a little too young to remember the '86 team. i guess franco is my favorite not-current met.
Adam
[URL]http://www.sportslizard.com[/URL]
Search Thousands of Sports Collectibles on SportsLizard.com
mcfara
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby The_Met_Threat » Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:01 am

Wright and Beltran right now. I liked beltran before and i still believe in him. Mookie, Strawberry, Ventura, Ordonez, Pedro i hope, and i also like Vince Coleman for what he did before he got in a met jersey, i liked him in STL then when he turned a met it made me happier even though he didnt play to the same par.

You know the Mets had a great lineup if you put all the people ever to put a jersey on and stuck em in there respective position, id prolly make it look like this. (btw doesnt matter how badly they played for the mets, as long as they were on the team)

C: Mike Piazza
1b: Eddie Murray (HM Keith Hernandez)
2b: Roberto Alomar
3b: Howard Johnson
ss: Rey Ordonez (is there better i cant remember)
of: Willie Mays
of: Duke Snider
of: Darryl Strawberry (HM Mookie Wilson)

Sp: Nolan Ryan
SP: Tom Seaver
SP: Warren Spahn
CP: Armando Benitez

Am i leaving anyone out? If not that looks like a damn good team. ;-D
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to New York Mets