Patriots Super Bowl Ring Now in Hands of KGB Agent! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Patriots Super Bowl Ring Now in Hands of KGB Agent!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Patriots Super Bowl Ring Now in Hands of KGB Agent!

Postby JTWood » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:55 pm

I'm sure this has been posted at that other place, but I don't go there, and we shall not speak of it. So, let's discuss this here:

CNN.com wrote:BOSTON, Massachusetts (AP) -- Russian President Vladimir Putin walked off with New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft's diamond-encrusted 2005 Super Bowl ring during a recent meeting with U.S. business executives.

But not to worry: Kraft says the ring was a gift to Putin, presented out of "respect and admiration."

Earlier, Russian media had speculated that Kraft hadn't meant to give away the ring.

"I showed the president my most recent Super Bowl ring," Kraft said in a statement released Wednesday. The Russian president "was clearly taken with its uniqueness," Kraft said.

"At that point, I decided to give him the ring as a symbol of the respect and admiration that I have for the Russian people and the leadership of President Putin," Kraft said.

Putin met with the businessmen Saturday at Konstantinovsky Palace near St. Petersburg, Russia. Near the end of the meeting, Kraft took off the ring, and handed it to Putin. Putin tried it on, put it in his pocket and left, according to Russian news reports.

According to Patriots spokesman Stacey James, the ring -- which is encrusted with 124 diamonds -- has a value of "substantially more" than the previously reported $15,000.

A senior Kremlin official, Dmitry Peskov, told The Associated Press that Putin had given the ring to the Kremlin library where other foreign gifts are kept.

Kraft's business interests include paper and packaging companies and venture capital investments. He handed out Super Bowl rings to players and coaches at his home two weeks ago.

The Patriots have won three of the last four Super Bowls.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kingctb27 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:06 pm

Wow, I was watching this earlier today and I don't believe for one minute that Kraft acctually gave the ring to Putin. He flat out took it if you ask me. If it was a gift, y would Kraft have had the ring on in the first place? Seems a little wierd that he would be wearing it one minute and the next give it away. But really, What is Kraft gonna do? I for one wouldn't mess with Putin. I'd hire someone to go jack that thing back though :-D ;-D
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby reznorsboy » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:36 am

Just buy it back!! The Russian Mafia is all about making a profit!!
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:39 am

Anyone just want to "give" me a Superbowl ring, or World Series ring? I'll happily take it. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to General Talk