Charlie Hustle - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Charlie Hustle

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Does Pete Rose deserve to be back in baseball and in the Hall of Fame?

Yes, no restrictions.
54%
Yes, in baseball but not in the Hall.
No votes
Yes, in the Hall, but not in baseball.
38%
No. I hate what he did to tarnish baseball's fine reputation.
8%

Total votes : 13

Charlie Hustle

Postby metsfan1969 » Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:25 am

Take the poll and tell me how you feel. I think Pete should be back in baseball and in the Hall.
Well Look who has come to the cafe, It's Mr. Met!
metsfan1969

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Thu Jan 23, 2003 7:00 am

Tough question. I think Rose should be in eventually, if only because the Hall is somehow incomplete without the all-time hit leader, but Rose himself has to take the next step...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kashikis » Thu Jan 23, 2003 9:44 am

I think they should let him in the Hall for sure he was one of the greatest hitters of all time and no matter if you like him or not you can't deny that. Like Arlo said what kind of HoF is it w/o the all-time hits leader?!

Back in baseball thats harder to say at this point, but I would probably vote yes. The man bet on baseball, but never threw a game so basically it never truely disrupted or affected how the game was played at all. That is the main point in my mind, if these people wouldnt have blown it all outta proportion than i really dont think anyone WOULD care. In that sense since he never threw a game to win a bet and the fact that they made him "the goat" of baseball for over a decade i think hes learned his lesson and they should let him back in. The man WAS an idiot for what he did and should have been punished. The mostly did it to make a point against gambling to stop the infamous "thrown" WS with the Sox from happening again. They've made their point and I'm sure everyone heard them loud and clear. Now grow up and let the man back in baseball.
kashikis

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Return to General Talk