Dear Brian Cashman, get Terrence Long. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

Dear Brian Cashman, get Terrence Long.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dear Brian Cashman, get Terrence Long.

Postby AT » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:30 pm

With all this Yankee talk, I'm about to blow my top. They need to stop with this trade Sheffield talk for a CF like Cameron. Check this out...(I Haven't heard this mentioned before, I just dreamt it up last night).

Terrence Long is the 2nd highest paid KC Royal behind Mike Sweeney. He strikes out half as often as Cameron, has a Career BA of 20 points higher (.269), he's a lefty, he's just as good in Center and better IMO, he's 29, and he's in the last year of his deal making $4.7M. I'm sure the Yanks can take that off of KC's hands and keep Gary right where he is.

I need to get paid for stuff like this.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dear Brian Cashman, get Terrence Long.

Postby Yoda » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:31 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:With all this Yankee talk, I'm about to blow my top. They need to stop with this trade Sheffield talk for a CF like Cameron. Check this out...(I Haven't heard this mentioned before, I just dreamt it up last night).

Terrence Long is the 2nd highest paid KC Royal behind Mike Sweeney. He strikes out half as often as Cameron, has a Career BA of 20 points higher (.269), he's a lefty, he's just as good in Center and better IMO, he's 29, and he's in the last year of his deal making $4.7M. I'm sure the Yanks can take that off of KC's hands and keep Gary right where he is.

Long is a bench player at best.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:33 pm

Interesting thought. One that I for one, have not heard from anyone else. Long really doesn't excite me though, but I'll listen to anything that makes even a remote amount of sense.

I'm going to go look at a few other CFs, their stats, and try to develop a conclusion on who I think the Yankees should strongly pursue, and a couple backup plans in case they fall through.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 119)

Postby AT » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:37 pm

Yoda wrote:
Atrophying Testicles wrote:With all this Yankee talk, I'm about to blow my top. They need to stop with this trade Sheffield talk for a CF like Cameron. Check this out...(I Haven't heard this mentioned before, I just dreamt it up last night).

Considering how cheaply he would come I think he's a better option than Sheffield for Cameron or trying to get Kotsay from the A's. They could probably get him for next to nothing. Would you rather have Sheffield and Long giving up next to nothing, Cameron and Cairo giving up Sheffield, or Sheffield and Kotsay giving up something respectable (with respect to Billy Beane). I'll take Long for next to nothing and pinch hit for him when necessary.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Rirruto » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:48 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:he's just as good in Center and better IMO

I agree with pretty much everything you said except this. Cameron's range, arm, and athleticism is superior to Long.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby AT » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:52 pm

Rirruto wrote:

I agree with pretty much everything you said except this. Cameron's range, arm, and athleticism is superior to Long.

Long has good range, a good arm, and excellent athleticism and I get to keep Sheffield ;-D
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:57 pm

Rirruto wrote:

LOL. So Long catches the ball better? :-D
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 463)

Postby AT » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:59 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Rirruto wrote:

LOL. So Long catches the ball better? :-D

LOL :-B I thought the same thing.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Jury » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:20 pm

Yoda wrote:

Then Mike Cameron should be in AAA?
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MMoNeY24 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:22 pm

I'd be willing to give long a chance...
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to New York Yankees