Did anyone hear a Sheff trade rumor? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

Did anyone hear a Sheff trade rumor?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Did anyone hear a Sheff trade rumor?

Postby Minor League Skilz » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:58 am

I woke up this morning hearing radio morning show reporting a rumor that the Yanks were going to trade Sheff for Mike Cameron. I almost threw up right there. I believe they said the source was the New York Post, but I didn't see it in there.

Did anyone else hear this?

If this is what came out of the tampa meeting I think George was doing his finest Bob Marley impersonation before the meeting....
:-° :-° X-I
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dimaggio5 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:35 am

confirmed back page of the post....shef for a package around cameron, cairo and a young pitcher (Heilman or Seo???) the package could grow with more players being included from both sides.

also shef to texas for a package around nix and from espn radio shef to cubs.

post reports that a yankee executive said the yanks don't want players who don't wnat to be here and this was interpreted as Shef. ESPn alos reported that shef said if he was traded he will not report to that team meaning that the recieving team would have to financially sweeten his contract to entice him to come.

It's not just the Tradition.....its Aura and Mystique
dimaggio5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Minor League Skilz » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:18 pm

I have seen this pop up a few times now. The Bergan Record called it a "tenative deal." Is Sheff really that unhappy? I know his history but I haven't gotten that vibe. Are there club house problems? Has he been bad mouthing the yanks and I have been missing it? Or is this still a holdover from those horrible contract negotiations with George?

I say if Sheff goes we fire Doc Gooden the next day.
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:23 pm

I might personally kick Cashman's ass if this even gets close to going down.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby blankman » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:47 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:I might personally kick Cashman's ass if this even gets close to going down.

I'd be right behind you :-[
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby dimaggio5 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:43 pm

Wow I just listened to Mad Dog on FAN and all I have to say is this I am REALLY sorry the Yanks signed Shef over Vlad now.

They interviewed Shef and of course the issue of the trade came up and he basically said whoever trades for me is going to have to compensate me to go to their team or I'm going to make things very difficult for everyone. By saying this it was put up a sign that he will not make it easy for the Yanks to trade and any team interested was served notice that they will have to give me $$$ to go to them.

George was really stupid not to listen to Micheals and pass on Shef. His reputation has a flaming A$$h0_E is really bearing his head.

Some other tidbits from Gary's mouth to his A$$ or facts previously unknown came to surface.

Shef does not like Giambi

Shef claimed that he made "compensations" to come to the Yanks about 4.5 million worth and if he's traded he wants that money.

Shef said...Teams always want the extra things other than hitting and fielding and if they want me to do all the other things well they have to pay me for that I'm not stupid. this is all buisiness.

I'm getting paid less than other guys around here who are not producing. I don;t see these guys deferring money or giving money back. Why am I the one making compensations? It was taken and adknowledge that Shef was making reference to Giambi who I didn;t know he hated. MAd Dog said he was also referring to Brown
however he is friends with him so SHef stopped short of going to far into names and details of who he was referring to.

It was acknowledged after the intrview that a Shef to Mets is now basically dead after the interview and any other trade will be very difficult because teams now know they will have to ante up about 5 more million a yer plus maybe extend Shef's contract to make the trade happen

It's not that Shef wants to stay with the Yanks he is not a happy camper on the team and stated he does not want to be a team leader or anything else because he is not paid to do that. He basically said over and over that he had made compensations to come here and the Yanks will get nothing more than waht they paid for. He sees no one else doing anyting to help or sacrifice for the team so why should he.

Problem child and a mercenary. Thanks Tampa, Thanks Doc Gooden, Thanks Billy Conners and thanks George for being so hard up for moronic selfish players.

It's not just the Tradition.....its Aura and Mystique
dimaggio5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:50 pm

dimaggio5 wrote:Wow I just listened to Mad Dog on FAN and all I have to say is this I am REALLY sorry the Yanks signed Shef over Vlad now.

They interviewed Shef and of course the issue of the trade came up and he basically said whoever trades for me is going to have to compensate me to go to their team or I'm going to make things very difficult for everyone. By saying this it was put up a sign that he will not make it easy for the Yanks to trade and any team interested was served notice that they will have to give me $$$ to go to them.

George was really stupid not to listen to Micheals and pass on Shef. His reputation has a flaming A$$h0_E is really bearing his head.

Some other tidbits from Gary's mouth to his A$$ or facts previously unknown came to surface.

Shef does not like Giambi

Shef claimed that he made "compensations" to come to the Yanks about 4.5 million worth and if he's traded he wants that money.

Shef said...Teams always want the extra things other than hitting and fielding and if they want me to do all the other things well they have to pay me for that I'm not stupid. this is all buisiness.

I'm getting paid less than other guys around here who are not producing. I don;t see these guys deferring money or giving money back. Why am I the one making compensations? It was taken and adknowledge that Shef was making reference to Giambi who I didn;t know he hated. MAd Dog said he was also referring to Brown
however he is friends with him so SHef stopped short of going to far into names and details of who he was referring to.

It was acknowledged after the intrview that a Shef to Mets is now basically dead after the interview and any other trade will be very difficult because teams now know they will have to ante up about 5 more million a yer plus maybe extend Shef's contract to make the trade happen

It's not that Shef wants to stay with the Yanks he is not a happy camper on the team and stated he does not want to be a team leader or anything else because he is not paid to do that. He basically said over and over that he had made compensations to come here and the Yanks will get nothing more than waht they paid for. He sees no one else doing anyting to help or sacrifice for the team so why should he.

Problem child and a mercenary. Thanks Tampa, Thanks Doc Gooden, Thanks Billy Conners and thanks George for being so hard up for moronic selfish players.

I heard that too, and I completely agree. What a prick.

I don't want to trade him for Mike Cameron, because it's not in the best interests of the team, but after seeing that, the sooner they get rid of him, the better.

A$$hole.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby WharfRat » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:58 pm

8-o :-t
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:02 pm

I always knew Sheffield was like this. I wanted to trade him a couple weeks ago, but people convinced me that he was changed, he was a great presence for the Yankees.

Blankman and some of the rest pointed out how he played with a bum shoulder, all that good stuff.

This is inexcusable. I'm back to my old line of thinking. This guys a clown. They need to get rid of him, but only if the price is right. This still doesn't make me want to trade him for Cammy though...not that any Sheffield trade will be happening anyway. :-t
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby DannyMyron89 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:03 pm

i know im monday morning quaterbacking which i hate when people do but just picture this

vlad and beltran over Bernie and Sheff is they didnt dish this money out to womack and wright and didnt sign sheff....

just some food for thought, this will be a veyr interesting month
how did colon win the cy young??

the world is comming to an end...woody paige has a Hall of Fame vote
DannyMyron89
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to New York Yankees