How interested is your significant other in fantasy baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How interested is your significant other in fantasy baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How interested is your significant other in fantasy baseball

Postby EricF » Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:17 pm

This is the question of the week in SportsWeekly the week of June 4-10.

I'll go first.

My wife is very nice, and doesn't say much, but I think she secretly hates my involvement in fantasy baseball. When I'm checking the team's performance, she heads for the TV, or sometimes goes to sleep. She doesn't like the time it takes from her, so sometimes I need to put aside my intense interest in fantasy baseball so I can give her some priority time. But it's hard sometimes when you're wondering whether your slightly injured player is going to be in the lineup and you want to make a change if he's sitting out.
EricF
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby quickfingerz » Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:30 pm

It's worse than ZERO interest. It's so bad, that I'm STRONGLY considering retiring from fantasy sports altogether. Sucks because I have a 60% 1st place rate. Which is crazy
The key to Fantasy Sports is NOT about Sports but rather the "manipulation of numbers" in your favor

MASTER THOSE NUMBERS
quickfingerz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pilambp » Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:40 pm

I've recieved positive responses when it comes to fantasy baseball. I'm in a super-serious league with a bunch of my close friends, and sometimes our league-trash-talk comes up in everyday conversation. I made it pretty clear to my girlfriend that I need to show up all my friends by kicking butt in the league... and I think she understands when she hears my buddies mention it all the time. She's got two older brothers that are also fantasy players, and I'm kicking their butt around in another league... that makes her proud....
pilambp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Jockpunk » Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:14 pm

My girlfriend is very cool with it. When I won my basketball league, she went out and bought me a basketball as a trophy and wrote my name and "1st place Rochester Hardcore Fantasy Basketball". I thought that was pretty cool. Shes always asking me how my teams are doing. I think she secretly wants to join, even though she knows nothing about sports.
Jockpunk
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby DieHardCubbie » Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:48 pm

quickfingerz wrote: It's so bad, that I'm STRONGLY considering retiring from fantasy sports altogether.

Might I suggest Divorce as another option :-B (God I hope my wife dont read this)

Mrs. DHC is really good with fantasy sports. She doesnt play baseball, but does play football, and does very well with two league titles to her credit!
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby timkell » Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:08 pm

Zero interest, and she does sometimes get annoyed with how much time I spend on it. I do know she likes to hear about it when I'm trouncing the rest of the league! She knows everyone in the league, so she likes when I win.

I'm doing great right now, but it's still early.
timkell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ball crusher » Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:00 pm

My wife thinks I'm gay because I talk baseball on the phone so much with one of the guys in my league.
ball crusher
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Nashnut » Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:27 pm

My ex wife hated it, hell, even my Bassett Hound hates it.
Nashnut

Friendliness: %

Postby 4Pack » Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:07 pm

My wife accepts it for the most part that I spend so much time with Fantasy Baseball/Football. She does get irritated sometimes though! She gossiped too her frend one time that she bent over in front of me (in her dress) with no undies on while I was on the puter....and I did not even flinch. LOL! I don't remember that honestly.....I must have been in serious trade discussions! LOL!
4Pack

Friendliness: %

Postby Longshot » Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:59 pm

If your wife is in need of attention, feel free to give her my number. If a pretty panti-less woman bends over anywhere near me, I will always take notice!

My girlfriend could care less, I don't talk about fantasy stuff to her because I know she doesn't care, and she doesn't tell me about the cute new eye liner she got, because I don't care :-)
Hank Blalock is The Truth
Longshot
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers