V for Vendetta - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

V for Vendetta

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RugbyD » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:00 am

OK time to dig this one back up. It comes out wednesday after a delay in the planned release due to the London train bombings and I could not be more pumped.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby logan » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:40 am

i'll be seing it. the previews have made it look like a solid action flic as long as it attmepts to stay faithfull to the plot in the novel i'll be happy.
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Yoda » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:55 pm

I have the graphic novel and it is awesome. If they do a good job of translating it onto film, this will be a great movie. Very thought provoking.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Red Stripe » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:16 pm

RugbyD wrote:OK time to dig this one back up. It comes out wednesday after a delay in the planned release due to the London train bombings and I could not be more pumped.

See doing things like this has always struck me as pretty dumb. "Oh we can't realease the movie now because it will affect the people by the train bombings but it's alright if we do it a week later." :-? Kind of stupid I've thought.

But anyways back to the subject, the movie looks awesome. Has potential to be a great flick, especially if it's done by the Wachowski brothers.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RugbyD » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:21 pm

Red Stripe wrote:
RugbyD wrote:OK time to dig this one back up. It comes out wednesday after a delay in the planned release due to the London train bombings and I could not be more pumped.

See doing things like this has always struck me as pretty dumb. "Oh we can't realease the movie now because it will affect the people by the train bombings but it's alright if we do it a week later." :-? Kind of stupid I've thought.

But anyways back to the subject, the movie looks awesome. Has potential to be a great flick, especially if it's done by the Wachowski brothers.

Same thing happened to Boondock Saints. Released overseas on time, but canned in the US and went straight to DVD b/c of Columbine.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Half Massed » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:25 pm

Despite the delay, I'm still looking forwards to seeing this. Less than a week. ;-D
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby JTWood » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:19 pm

Ohhh.... I'm so pumped to see this - and X3. I've already scheduled a "sick" day for that movie's premiere.

This summer is going to be so much better than that crappy summer Hollywood dished out last year.

ImageImageImage
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Madison » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:32 am

The commercials have continued to make this movie look good. Even my wife wants to see it, so I'm sure we'll see this one. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Iguana » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:48 pm

I have really high hopes for this movie. I'm planning on seeing it on Saturday.
Help me pick my keepers? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=419885
Iguana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Big Pimpin » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:11 am

Went and saw this today with the wife. She wasn't that thrilled about it, but was nice and let me pick. After some of the reviews I'd seen, I was very pleasantly surprised. I haven't read the graphic novel or anything, so I didn't exactly know what to expect, but it was very good. Not as much action as I was expecting from the previews. However, very good story, some very cool action sequences, and overall I just liked it a lot and would watch it again.

BP says two thumbs up! ;-D ;-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 7)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk