The Cubs Rock how do you think they will finish this year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Chicago Cubs

The Cubs Rock how do you think they will finish this year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby echizen » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:18 pm

with patterson gone, wood still shaky, and a nomar soon to return (but i dont think he'll produce much)...i dunno..i wish we could grab the wildcard, but i have a hard time grasping that too. they need a leadoff hitter too...maybe they should try to grab someone by the july trade deadline.
echizen
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

ya

Postby KasT » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:12 pm

Look you can bank on Wood pitching, at the very least, decent through the second half. Prior should (cross your fingers) make it through the rest of the season healthy. On top of this you have maddux and zambrano pitching well. We have a decent closer in dempster.

Nomar, even if he dosen't produce much, brings a little power back to the lineup. You can also bank on at least one trade before the deadline. Preston Wilson, WAS, in a trade that fell through. The cubs are still in talks with colorado for him. Wilson tends to play better for a team he just joins for about 4 months then goes back to being himself. That might just be enough to push us over the edge.

Here is another beer for fear the cubs will get near to the wildcard then steer themselves clear..............and I'm weird@!
KasT
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Chicago Cubs